GDT: Free Agent Frenzy!

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
home-alone-mom.gif

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
How is the Eichel snit new to people?? That came out shortly after he was dealt, from Brian Gionta as part of the talk about how Eich didn't want to listen to anyone and how he acted was toxic as f***.

This is old f***ing news.
My favorite quote from that episode, which I believe was the opening line:

"Jack Eichel is a f***ing piece of shit" - Craig Rivet :eek3:

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
We need a good and proven top 6 or top 9 winger.

I think we can do that in a trade. But you are right that we need something there, or one of Benson, Greenway, Krebs, Savoie or Kulich will have to play on a line above their heads.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Eichel during his first training camp threw a hissyfit during a team breakfast by throwing an omelet at the staff chef. He's always been an entitled prick and I'm tired of commentary about him like he was some sort of paragon while he was in Buffalo.
That's not the point, so please, respectively do not put words in peoples mouths. The point is he has obviously contributed to this giant sinkhole we are in by furthering that the organization in not only incompetent but disingenuous on top of everything else. Like I said it will be a interesting read.

We all need to choose a side if we genuinely want this to change. Booing Eichel once a year won't do it.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
6x6* in 3 years when they suck then its 6x3 to move. It was mostly my value of a 60 point winger.
I doubt you get a quality top 6 winger for 6x$6M as a UFA unless they are already in their 30s and good luck with that.

That is what Tarasenko or Bertuzzi were needing to get offered to sign here.

:help:

Gabrielor

Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
They were always going to have a tough time getting a big name in free agency. They have to wait for the secondary trade market to open up after the initial free agent frenzy. I’m not telling that will work out. But its where they have the best chance to do something.
I see no path where they aren't 8-10 million under the cap, if not more.

and therefore, Skinner buyout was indeed not about team building, but money saving. Terry gave up a long time ago, and I guess I'm just catching up to that.

oldgoalie

Goaltending matters.
Jan 7, 2004
VA
I trust Chain to provide accurate information, that doesn't mean I should be accepting of things 100% just because of the person saying something. Asking for a source so I can review myself, shouldn't be that big of an issue.
OK. that's fair.
but lots of shit about what goes on behind the scenes with these entitled little pricks goes unsaid, unless you know someone that knows someone.

My Cozen Dylan

Feb 21, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
I see no path where they aren't 8-10 million under the cap, if not more.

and therefore, Skinner buyout was indeed not about team building, but money saving. Terry gave up a long time ago, and I guess I'm just catching up to that.
I just disagree that these things MUST be connected. Skinner being bought out can be 100% a hockey decision and we still don't spend the extra money.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad