Offseason Roster Moves, Rumors, and Discussion

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Waddell says they're still going to add a defenseman but they want to give Jiricek a chance to make the team. Mateychuk, despite really impressing him, is likely starting in the AHL regardless.

No update on Laine.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Waddell says they're still going to add a defenseman but they want to give Jiricek a chance to make the team. Mateychuk, despite really impressing him, is likely starting in the AHL regardless.
Given that we badly needed another shutdown guy before either of those two were a consideration, I'm not really seeing the relationship between the statements other than "comments on blueline".

Napoli

Oct 4, 2023
I know everyone is speculating that Monahan signing means Jenner is going back to wing, but I am not convinced. I think its more of an indictment of how the organization views Sillinger rather than Jenner. I think he's staying in the middle for now.

Gaudreau-Monahan-Marchenko
Johnson-Fantilli-Voronkov
Sillinger-Jenner-Chinakhov
Olivier-Kuraly-Danforth

Still think they need a 4th liner to swap in and out of the lineup with these guys. Unless they want to bring up Malatesta (as porty suggested) and have him do that.

As for D

Werenski-Severson
Provorov-Jiricek
Mateychuk-Gudbranson
Christiansen
This team is going to suck so f***ing bad 🤣

Reactions: DarkandStormy

Indy18

Aug 17, 2023
Lots of time for that to happen still
About the only person remaining I am willing to consider
1719870133641.png

Though at this point after the frenzy and everyone is at their cap limit now we could probably try to get them at a more desirable rate than what all these other atrocious contracts went for today.

Indy18

Aug 17, 2023
No wonder the Capitals bought out Capfriendly...even with backstrom going on LTIRetirement they will need to do about a 5 mil cap dump.

Another interesting point is the ducks are 8.8 mil under the floor and they could use an elite sniper...maybe someone who is Finnish?
1719871091812.png

Aaaarrgghh

Jul 17, 2022
No wonder the Capitals bought out Capfriendly...even with backstrom going on LTIRetirement they will need to do about a 5 mil cap dump.

Another interesting point is the ducks are 8.8 mil under the floor and they could use an elite sniper...maybe someone who is Finnish?
View attachment 891002
Maybe they could hand Columbus picks to take on Bäckström's contract? Those picks can then be used to improve the D.

What would be an interesting return from Anaheim?

Last edited:

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Out: Texier, Boqvist, Bean, Blankenburg, Nylander, (presumably) Laine
In: Monahan, maybe some crappy 3LD pickup, anybody returning in a Laine trade

That's ... certainly something.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
For the love of Gordy Howe, I am sick of all the 'sky is falling" posts in this thread. I mean, did anyone actually think any prime UFA was going to come here? OUr franchise has no legitimacy right now with most NHL players.
Also, they don't know who they would be playing for.

About the only person remaining I am willing to considerView attachment 890991
Though at this point after the frenzy and everyone is at their cap limit now we could probably try to get them at a more desirable rate than what all these other atrocious contracts went for today.
Give him a lifetime supply at the Sausage Haus that bears his name.

Reactions: Indy18

Indy18

Aug 17, 2023
Also, they don't know who they would be playing for.

Give him a lifetime supply at the Sausage Haus that bears his name.
I wanted Rays Rays for lunch today to watch the frenzy but alas they were closed so I want to make it up to myself and now that's a good idea...I havent had a Bahama Mama in ages!

5th Line Fanatic

Oct 2, 2020
I expect The Don to fix the rest of what ails our roster through trades. Some may be quick, others may take time. I expect Laine, Johnson, and Jiricek (ruined by Jarmo) to be on the way out in return for quality D and a top line Winger.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I expect D-Wad will get that 3rd pairing LD. Either in a Laine deal or via UFA. As others have pointed out, I think Schmidt would be a good fit, ideally on a 1 year deal. 2 max, but ideally 1.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad