BRUINS GDT Free Agent Frenzy - July 1 NOON (ET) - ESPN+, TSN, SN

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
I was looking at the list of free agent signings today and noticed that a lot of former Bruins moved around today.

Tyler Bertuzzi - signed with Chicago ( 4 years for $22 million )
Jesper Boqvist - signed with Florida ( 1 year for $775,000 )
Josh Brown - signed with Edmonton ( 3 years for $3 million )
Jake DeBrusk - signed with Vancouver ( 7 years for $38.5 million )
Derek Forbort - signed with Vancouver ( 1 year for $1.5 million )
A.J. Greer - signed with Florida ( 2 years for $1.7 million )
Matt Grzelcyk - signed with Pittsburgh ( 1 year for $2.75 million )
Garnet Hathaway - signed extension with Philadelphia ( 2 years for $2.4 million )
Danton Heinen - signed with Vancouver ( 2 years for $4.5 million )
Pat Maroon- signed with Chicago ( 1 year for $1.3 million )
Colin Miller - re-signed with Winnipeg ( 2 years for $3 million )
Mike Reilly - signed extension with NYI ( 1 year for $1.25 million )
Craig Smith - signed with Chicago ( 1 year for $1 million )
Jack Studnicka - signed with LA ( 1 year for $775,000 ) 2-way deal
Urho Vaakanainen - signed extension with Anaheim ( 1 year for $1.1 million )
Reilly Walsh - signed with LA ( 1 year for $775,000 ) 2-way deal

And Reilly Smith got traded from Pittsburgh to the Rangers.

Last edited:

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Definitely a change of philosophy and direction for the Bruins. Sweeney has finally seen the light and is going for a bigger, meaner, tougher team. We started to see a little of that last season, and now they’re really trending strongly that way. A team much more in the traditional Bruins mould, less emphasis on pure skill and the need for players to have a ‘complete’ game.

That’s all good, and it will definitely make the majority of the fanbase happy. The two concerns I have are lack of speed, which I’ve already mentioned, and what seems to me to be a persistent lack of raw scoring talent and ability to finish, which I don’t think Lindholm alone is going to adequately address. Much as the team should be defensively solid and tough to break down, can they score enough goals? In terms of the overall makeup of the roster, those are the two main question marks for me at this point.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Definitely a change of philosophy and direction for the Bruins. Sweeney has finally seen the light and is going for a bigger, meaner, tougher team. We started to see a little of that last season, and now they’re really trending strongly that way. A team much more in the traditional Bruins mould, less emphasis on pure skill and the need for players to have a ‘complete’ game.

That’s all good, and it will definitely make the majority of the fanbase happy. The two concerns I have are lack of speed, which I’ve already mentioned, and what seems to me to be a persistent lack of raw scoring talent and ability to finish, which I don’t think Lindholm alone is going to adequately address. Much as the team should be defensively solid and tough to break down, can they score enough goals? In terms of the overall makeup of the roster, those are the two main question marks for me at this point.

Absolutely fair.

But, as we all know the July expected lineup is always very different from the April one.

Sadly, injuries happen, guys play better/worse than expected.

I’m just happy to see a team that is better equipped to be the bully than the victim.

Maybe Lysell and/or Merkulov finally stick and produce.

Either way,,…I’m way more excited about next season today, than I was last week.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
I was looking at the list of free agent signings today and noticed that a lot of former Bruins moved around today.

Tyler Bertuzzi - signed with Chicago ( 4 years for $22 million )
Josh Brown - signed with Edmonton ( 3 years for $3 million )
Jake DeBrusk - signed with Vancouver ( 7 years for $38.5 million )
Derek Forbort - signed with Vancouver ( 1 year for $1.5 million )
A.J. Greer - signed with Florida ( 2 years for $1.7 million )
Matt Grzelcyk - signed with Pittsburgh ( 1 year for $2.75 million )
Garnet Hathaway - signed extension with Philadelphia ( 2 years for $2.4 million )
Danton Heinen - signed with Vancouver ( 2 years for $4.5 million )
Pat Maroon- signed with Chicago ( 1 year for $1.3 million )
Mike Reilly - signed extension with NYI ( 1 year for $1.25 million )
Craig Smith - signed with Chicago ( 1 year for $1 million )
Urho Vaakanainen - signed extension with Anaheim ( 1 year for ??? )

And Reilly Smith got traded from Pittsburgh to the Rangers.

1.1M for Vaak

Reactions: Gordoff

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
I’m more than fine. Not what I would have done but - to most people here’s chagrin - I have a lot of trust in this organization. Also feel better when seeing other comparable deals. So yeah all good.
Huge for me as well. You must be a pretty good poker player / stock guy because you have a hell of alot of patience and level headedness, meant as a compliment

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad