Confirmed Signing with Link: [FLA] F Anton Lundell re-signs with the Panthers (6 years, $5M AAV)

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
This is truly amazing - On Panthers facebook, some fans thinks its too much money for Lundell. Jeesus - too much sunshine it seems?

Reactions: Dread Clawz

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013
I was really impressed with Lundell during last post-season and even more so this year. Plays a very solid and mature center game for such a young player and a lot of his offense seemed to come at pretty clutch times. Also his usage has not been easy or sheltered in any fashion, often the 3rd line was playing tougher minutes than the 2nd.

Easternbull

Nov 18, 2016
Anton is no 3 line center. While Bennett/Tchucky where struggling Lundell and Luostarinen had the best advanced stats against McDavid in the finals.

Point totals will improve, but scoring titles and regular season awards are just fluff compared to the post season.

Lundell is a bonafide winner and a leader. He was a captain for HIFK mens team at the age of 19!! Captain of the gold med l U-20 team and will also have letter on his chest when Ekblad leaves in the future.

Last edited:

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
I thought 2-3 year deal to create some space for the near future but getting him at this price is a win in comparison

I thought I saw an article saying they are having talks with Bennett as well but fit wise that’s going to be tough, by next year Lundell should have grown past his current 3C role
Benny is 100% getting signed, our whole identity stems from him.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Lundell is really good. But after Forsling/Ekblad that D is looking like it's taken a big step back. No Montour.
Well, Montour outpriced himself after 2022-2023. This year he was worse. At 7.125M there was nothing to do. I also feel Ekblad has regressed. Forsling is the goto now at a steal of a contract. I bet Ekblad is gone after this year and Zito searches for a cheaper option to keep the team competative.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Lundell is really good. But after Forsling/Ekblad that D is looking like it's taken a big step back. No Montour.
Forsling - Ekblad
Mikkola - Schmidt

They will add a D at the deadline

Kulikov plays with Balinskis or Bjornfot. Either could be decent next season. Or they could not..but the potential is there...

It'll have to be a more defensive minded group than last season's blue line. No Montour, no OEL. Maybe Barkov even plays point on the pp1.

ES

Feb 14, 2004
Finland
The players who got still ongoing comparable 2nd contracts are Drake Batherson, Travis Konecny and Alex Tuch.

Defensively Lundell is great but I say he needs to establish himself around 60-point player to the contract look a good one.

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022
The players who got still ongoing comparable 2nd contracts are Drake Batherson, Travis Konecny and Alex Tuch.

Defensively Lundell is great but I say he needs to establish himself around 60-point player to the contract look a good one.
I would pay him five just based on his current play. He brings so much more than points. Good thing is he has a lot of room to grow.

Reactions: mattihp

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad