BRUINS GDT Free Agent Frenzy - July 1 NOON (ET) - ESPN+, TSN, SN

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TobanWest

Jan 28, 2020

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I can’t say enough nice things about todays signings other than not signing Stamkos. I would have a Homemade Stamkos jersey already had they signed him.

We got us a center and a bone-crunching defensman. The best change is that we are 100 times tougher than we were a week ago. I would still sign Maroon, however. I’m probably the only fan of the Kastelic trade, but it was a good move minus taking back all the salary. We will hope goalie Bob can work his magic

Overall a great day. This assures we win next year.
Maroon went to Chicago

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Stephenson and Tavev got the same term as Lindholm and Zadorov and close to the same money. Crazy. I thought the deals were a year or two too long but those guys are mid 30s ours are still 29.

Stephenson got a little less AAV than I thought he would, but I was consistently saying that he was going to get within 1 year of Lindholm in term

PoisonEye

Hugs
Aug 1, 2005
Saros signed for 8/7.74M per... Does that establish a ceiling for Swayman? Saros is a bit more established having been the #1 for 3 years and an all star two times. Swayman is younger and has better numbers on a better team, but hasn't played 60 games in a season ever. I can't objectively say he should get more.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Saros signed for 8/7.74M per... Does that establish a ceiling for Swayman? Saros is a bit more established having been the #1 for 3 years and an all star two times. Swayman is younger and has better numbers on a better team, but hasn't played 60 games in a season ever. I can't objectively say he should get more.
Swayman has RFA years remaining while Saros's deal is 100% UFA years.

Reactions: BBruins

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
posted in the wrong thread lol

I am not even going to worry about term or money

Don & Cam,

Thank you for today. Thank you for not caring about anything but restoring my beloved franchise to a rough and tumble team. This week, Kastelic, Zadorov and Max Jones. Out were Boqvist, Gryz and Heinen. Could you two be any more emphatic about what you're trying to do here? My pride is bubbling over again, thank you both for seeing what the fans want. If that wasn't good enough you doubled down and added borderline dirt bags in Tufte, Sweezy and Viel to Providence and just a phone call away to send a message if need be. You are making regular season hockey fun again, and I appreciate it from the bottom of my heart.

Your biggest fan, LouJersey

This is very true as long as the players are allowed to play as such.

However the goal scoring is a problem and the top 6 is now lacking.

Best case scenario is games the Bruins trail 2 or 3 to 1 can end with bullying again at last.

Pardon me. Sending messages. Typing bullying may lead to Sweeney trading it away.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
The Toronto back end still looks like a dumpster fire. LOL, never change Leafs. And never learn. The Domi deal is good and that's where it ends. Another year where we don't have to worry about them.

That Tanev contract might be the worst UFA contract in the history of the league. No chance he sees the end of it. He'll be the Governor of Robidas Island by about halfway through it. I'd say it's what both parties are banking on.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
That Tanev contract might be the worst UFA contract in the history of the league. No chance he sees the end of it. He'll be the Governor of Robidas Island by about halfway through it. I'd say it's what both parties are banking on.
Just keep in mind they’re also paying OEL for 4 years and he’s not a passenger like in Florida.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Just keep in mind they’re also paying OEL for 4 years and he’s not a passenger like in Florida.

All that money spent and their D still stinks.

Likely the worst set of right-shooting D in the league (Tanev, Liljegren, Hakanpaa). Another attempt to win with Morgan Reilly as your No.1 D-man.

Berube will need to work some magic. No Pietrangelo there. No Parayko there.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
All that money spent and their D still stinks.

Likely the worst set of right-shooting D in the league (Tanev, Liljegren, Hakanpaa). Another attempt to win with Morgan Reilly as your No.1 D-man.

Berube will need to work some magic. No Pietrangelo there. No Parayko there.
The Leafs fans I’m friends with who have been delusional crazy people for the last decade are now sad, resigned, and bitter. That fanbase is cooked.

Ozzy Osbourne

Nov 14, 2023
I would have liked him on a one year deal. I’m still happy with todays events and will assume he’s going to skate off into the sunset at the end of the season.

Reactions: Gordoff

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad