BRUINS GDT Free Agent Frenzy - July 1 NOON (ET) - ESPN+, TSN, SN

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I think we have to look at it like Lindholm replaced Zacha, and Zacha replaced Debrusk,

Now who replaces JVR & Heinen? Geekie and Frederic had roughly the same points as Debrusk last year, so probably one of them. Maybe Lysell or Brazeau? That’s a little risky. I wonder if they’ll plug another veteran into that position, find this year’s JVR. Let the best players rise to the top, and make a move at the deadline if necessary. That’s my guess.

I really don’t want them to mess with the D, I love it currently.

Don’t forget Poitras.

But yeah, the top six is seeing DeBrusk out and Lindholm in. Which is an upgrade both in quality of player and fit, but they still need another top six wing, clearly. And Marchand being 36 is a ticking clock for another one.

Middle six gonna see Heinen and JVR out and some combo of Poitras, Lysell, Brazeau or Merkulov in.

I think you can feel good about Poitras being a good swap for Heinen.

What they need is for Lysell to come in and be rookie Jake DeBrusk. They still will need yet another top six winger to account for Marchand.

Was hoping they would move out Coyle and use that space on a scoring wing while picking up some picks once Lindholm and Zadorov became a certainty.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Shut Sweeney down until a trade can happen for a top six winger or top line C. No one left to spend on and the rest of the team is set.

I'd make a call on Landeskog. Stamkos just left and MacKinnon is the leader. If you can get him in a 3 for 1 trade you do it.
I feel like waiting for Sweeney to trade for the top six is like attempting to lose weight at my age. Frustrating futility.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
I do keep forgetting about Matt. I think because I expect him to be in Providence rehabbing, but he did surprise us last year. So that’s a good point.

Don’t forget Poitras.

But yeah, the top six is seeing DeBrusk out and Lindholm in. Which is an upgrade both in quality of player and fit, but they still need another top six wing, clearly. And Marchand being 36 is a ticking clock for another one.

Middle six gonna see Heinen and JVR out and some combo of Poitras, Lysell, Brazeau or Merkulov in.

I think you can feel good about Poitras being a good swap for Heinen.

What they need is for Lysell to come in and be rookie Jake DeBrusk. They still will need yet another top six winger to account for Marchand.

Was hoping they would move out Coyle and use that space on a scoring wing while picking up some picks once Lindholm and Zadorov became a certainty.

Fopppa

Jan 3, 2009
Skinner or Atkinson on heavy discount, or I think Don is done for now. Let the chips fall where they may, give it a couple of months and make adjustments around new years if needed.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I just did a quick Cap Friendly with the B's moving out Geekie for futures and signing Swayman for 7.5.

They can bring in a winger for $3.5 if that happened.

Tarasenko, Skinner, Wheeler (I know only 8 goals, but he made 800K last season --- I'd take a flyer on him at 800K to 1.0 as back up to Lysell/Merkulov).

They just need one more guy to agree to come here for a fair amount and then outproduce the contract (or for Lysell or Merkulov to become legit top 9 guys who can score 35/40 points) and I think they're a contender.
Skinner signed with Oilers I thought

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Bummer losing DeBrusk & Heinen but happy they got out of here

Bruins did very well both players came in under my projections

Zadororv 5 instead of 6
Lindholm 7.75 instead of 8.25

Great message sent to prospects

Playoffs start in 315 days so let’s get our lineup done by 4th cookout Donny

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
Unless you hate the hot humid weather, big bugs and....well I am not allowed to say but yeah.

If you have kids in school the North are much better.
I am a northern guy and I love winter, I will buy north 7 days a week.
As per school, I do think private and top school should be available down south, not an issue IMO.
But as a player, low taxes are attractive. With kids, I could see it being easier to the family than -30 and 280 CM of snow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad