BRUINS GDT Free Agent Frenzy - July 1 NOON (ET) - ESPN+, TSN, SN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
We can still go over the cap by 10% in the summer, right? We can still get Skinner or someone (unless he already signed while I was waiting for the boards to refresh).

OV

Obstructed View
Sep 23, 2003
Niagara Falls
Former 1st rounder, project guy who had a decent season in Dallas a couple years ago (10/10) but still fairly young with low pro miles as he did 3 years of college. Could be a nice sleeper pickup for us.
Yeah, I don't mind the signing....just amazed at the Bruins reach for size and heft this year. Maybe the Big Bad Bruins
will be back after all! I for one, would not be disappointed.

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
Capfriendly has them with 7.8 million left with Swayman to sign but that gives you a 23 man roster. Waiving Bussi gets you another 775k

Not worried about resigning Swayman

It kind of looks they are done here but they could definitely still get some reclamation projects at 1 million and drop guys like Josh Brown and Lettieri to the minors

Still hoping for Vrana. Could use a skill set like his

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Tufte and Jones are a pair of PWF projects that you hope you can help find the next level
Always good to have some darts to throw at the board. The 2011 Lucic/Hortons are a dying/dead breed, but if you can get a solid 3rd/4th liner at that size, can really make a difference.

Hope Sweeney can get the same performance he got out of his bargain bin pickups last year.

Reactions: Gordoff

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I just did a quick Cap Friendly with the B's moving out Geekie for futures and signing Swayman for 7.5.

They can bring in a winger for $3.5 if that happened.

Tarasenko, Skinner, Wheeler (I know only 8 goals, but he made 800K last season --- I'd take a flyer on him at 800K to 1.0 as back up to Lysell/Merkulov).

They just need one more guy to agree to come here for a fair amount and then outproduce the contract (or for Lysell or Merkulov to become legit top 9 guys who can score 35/40 points) and I think they're a contender.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

KrejciWinger

Nov 3, 2015
I haven't seen a single dman contract I've liked today. I don't like Zadorov's contract either but I like the player.

I can't wait to hear Leafs radio the morning after the bruins walk OEL

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

OV

Obstructed View
Sep 23, 2003
Niagara Falls
I just did a quick Cap Friendly with the B's moving out Geekie for futures and signing Swayman for 7.5.

They can bring in a winger for $3.5 if that happened.

Tarasenko, Skinner, Wheeler (I know only 8 goals, but he made 800K last season --- I'd take a flyer on him at 800K to 1.0 as back up to Lysell/Merkulov).

They just need one more guy to agree to come here for a fair amount and then outproduce the contract (or for Lysell or Merkulov to become legit top 9 guys who can score 35/40 points) and I think they're a contender.
Tarasenko just bought two properties in Florida. One for $5MM. He isn't likely going anywhere.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Always good to have some darts to throw at the board. The 2011 Lucic/Hortons are a dying/dead breed, but if you can get a solid 3rd/4th liner at that size, can really make a difference.

Hope Sweeney can get the same performance he got out of his bargain bin pickups last year.

They've done well helping get Brazeau get to the NHL, so I'm hopeful with these guys coming in. Even if one of them becomes a good bottom 6 pieces for us I'll be happy

Reactions: Dellstrom

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad