BRUINS GDT Free Agent Frenzy - July 1 NOON (ET) - ESPN+, TSN, SN

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
The guy just put up 60 points in the exact same role. Those are close to Bergeron/Krecji type numbers. It's not the most ideal spot for him but the way you're talking is he's completely ineffective where he is, which isn't true. Can always add at the trade deadline.
He gives you a matchup dream as a 3C, but he proved last season he is a top 6 forward. Not sure what anyone really wants from a 2nd line center if 60 pts and a strong defensive game doesn't do it for you.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Combined with the draft, I profess myself delighted with the free agency signings. Time will tell, but I think they did a very good job all the way around.

They also added a fellow named Max Jones who played for anaheim. He was the 24th overall selection in the 2016 draft. He's 6'2" left-wing.
A Danton Heinen replacement? Low cost tweener.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
I think Lindholm is the DeBrusk replacement up front; a marked improvement IMO

We had Heinen & JVR in our top 6 as well as Geekie (who is still here). I would have liked a big upgrade to put Geekie on the 3rd line with Freddy; gives you real depth; but I don't think that's happening anymore.

Really everything depends on Swayman right now.
If this is the case you've replaced DeBrusk and added no scoring to a team that couldn't score. So scoring will continue to be a big problem unless Sweeney keeps going and has something VIA trade in mind.

This team added a defensive-forward and a a defensive-defenseman today. DeBrusk out.

Goals. This team needs goal-scoring badly and now need to focus on the trade market since they put their money into more D.

Reactions: SPV

Trashpass

Dec 21, 2019
He gives you a matchup dream as a 3C, but he proved last season he is a top 6 forward. Not sure what anyone really wants from a 2nd line center if 60 pts and a strong defensive game doesn't do it for you.

I think everyone wants our #1 center to be the elite of the elite. Which there are what 10 or so elite #1 centers in the league and they want our #2 to be a real #1. Bergeron or Krecji were never these high octane offensive guy so idk what they expect out of Coyle.

Ideally he's on the 3rd line to get those favorable match-ups but if he's putting up 60 points and playing reasonable defense that's all you can ask from your #2 center

Bleached

Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate of shrimp
Oct 3, 2018
Shocked at the Stamkos thing. Tampa has a lot of trouble selling tickets even after two cups. if you saw the number of commercials they run for people to "be the thunder", you'd be amazed.
Now it's only going to get worse.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Still some interesting names out there. With Swayman still unsigned though, I don't know how much more active the Bruins plan on being. Few names I like:

Vrana
Roslovic
Fischer
Beauvillier
Kubalik
Hakanpaa
Blais

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Don't get me wrong, I'm ok with the moves they made today. But this is a team that struggled to score in the playoffs and they haven't improved in that respect. If this is the extent of their offseason additions aside from some more depth moves, which is entirely possible given where they're at with the cap, then it's hard for me to see them fairing much better than they did this postseason.
This is what many Bruins fans feel; happy with the additions but the Bruins still need scoring help badly and worried about cap space disappearing without addressing that.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
If this is the case you've replaced DeBrusk and added no scoring to a team that couldn't score. So scoring will continue to be a big problem unless Sweeney keeps going and has something VIA trade in mind.

This team added a defensive-forward and a a defensive-defenseman today. DeBrusk out.

Goals. This team needs goal-scoring badly and now need to focus on the trade market since they put their money into more D.
I think Lindholm is better than Debrusk all around, but I also wanted two top six guys, so I don’t know what the plan is for that.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I think everyone wants our #1 center to be the elite of the elite. Which there are what 10 or so elite #1 centers in the league and they want our #2 to be a real #1. Bergeron or Krecji were never these high octane offensive guy so idk what they expect out of Coyle.

Ideally he's on the 3rd line to get those favorable match-ups but if he's putting up 60 points and playing reasonable defense that's all you can ask from your #2 center

If they can somehow get a scoring winger, they can put Zacha at 2C and slot Coyle into the 3C spot where he thrives.

This is why taking on the Korpisalo salary was a bad move (Sweeney's only bad move this off season, thus far, to be honest).

But if they were sitting with 10 million right now (Swayman still unsigned) instead of around 8 -- they could be a player for a Skinner, Tarasenko, etc. to round out the top 6.

I still think they could do something, provided Swayman agrees to be at around 7.25.

It might cost a Geekie, Coyle or Frederic to do it though.

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
This is what many Bruins fans feel; happy with the additions but the Bruins still need scoring help badly and worried about cap space disappearing without addressing that.
Perhaps they're hoping that Lindholm will stabilize the first line scoring, Lysell will produce at 2RW and Lorhei will increase their offense from the backend. Perhaps.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad