BRUINS GDT Free Agent Frenzy - July 1 NOON (ET) - ESPN+, TSN, SN

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
I think Lindholm is the DeBrusk replacement up front; a marked improvement IMO

We had Heinen & JVR in our top 6 as well as Geekie (who is still here). I would have liked a big upgrade to put Geekie on the 3rd line with Freddy; gives you real depth; but I don't think that's happening anymore.

Really everything depends on Swayman right now.

Jones a two way deal or one way?

They still need to improve scoring up front. You cant just hope Lysell or Potrias replace that. You know what Debrusk gave you. you have to get someone to expect that.

Lindholm isnt here to be a points producing guy. His defenisve presence and faceoff ability is why he is here. They still have not addressed a lack of scoring upfront.

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
Zacha-Lindholm-Pasta
March-Coyle- ?
Frederic-Beecher-Geekie
Jones-Kastelic-Brazeau

Definitely looks like Boston is trying to build a bigger/heavier team. I'm guessing Geekie, Brazeau, and Lysell get a shot on that second line; I guess there's time and still some money to bring in another guy too.

The defense looks good though.
I look at it like this, and this is subject to change what they do the rest of the off season,

They got more defensive, a dot guy and physical, but they did lose offense in Debrusk. Do they take the risk, keep cap space and see if anyone steps up for the second line during the season and if not then the deadline they go out and grab someone. Sounds like the plan. I am on board with it, but it does come with a risk.

Reactions: SPV

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
I think if it was going to be a steal it would already have been done
I thought that at first as well, but waiting until later also give them the biggest advantage in any trade or FA talks. If the Bruins have the imaginary 7-9 million dollar number out there that’s the number agents and other gms think the B’s need to hold to in discussions. I’m no gm but maybe that gives them the leg up to have some padding that no one knows they have.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad