BRUINS GDT Free Agent Frenzy - July 1 NOON (ET) - ESPN+, TSN, SN

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Jones is the son of Brad Jones, an eighth-round pick (No. 156) in the 1984 NHL Draft who played 148 NHL games
I like him a lot, Keith Jones' son, plays very on the edge and goes over frequently. Never lived up to offensive expectations but he Kastellic and Beecher should be a very fast, very aggressive 4th line.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
Some notable forwards still unsigned:

Chandler Stephenson - Bruins would need to trade a large(r) contract

Anthony Duclair
Vladimir Tarasenko
Daniel Sprong
Alex Wennberg
Stefan Noesen
Jeff Skinner
Jack Roslovic
Cam Atkinson
Tomas Tatar
Tanner Pearson
Alexander Barabanov
Anthony Beauvillier
Jakub Vrána
I expect the B’s to sing a bargain-bin RW for the 2nd line to compete with Lysell. Don’t know who that guy will be… maybe Atkinson?

Reactions: HustleB

LetsGoBruins97

May 17, 2022
Arlington, VA
Signing Lindholm is a no-brainer based on what we needed and what was available. Zadorov's contract is a little high IMO but it doesn't look as bad when you consider that the cap is going to go up a significant amount over the next few years.

Our defense core is pretty stacked, but our forward depth is lacking, and its even worse than it was yesterday. I would have preferred to spend the Zadorov money on a middle six guy (Bertuzzi/Debrusk/Toffoli) - that was a bigger need.

I hope we can bring on a middle six guy at around $3.5m AAV, or there's a trade in the works to bring on another winger or center that can put the puck in the net.

Marchand-Lindholm-Pastrnak
Zacha-Coyle- XXXXXXX
Frederic-Poitras-Geekie
XXXXX-Kastelic-Brazeau

Lindholm McAvoy
Zadorov Carlo
Lohrei Peeke
Wotherspoon

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
He’s every bit as good or better than Beecher is (currently)
Way to many are selling Beecher short, sorry the kid is just 23 and I have a feeling that this kid has more to offer, just be patient. The Jones signing might be a good one low risk.

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
Jones a two way deal or one way?

They still need to improve scoring up front. You cant just hope Lysell or Potrias replace that. You know what Debrusk gave you. you have to get someone to expect that.

Lindholm isnt here to be a points producing guy. His defenisve presence and faceoff ability is why he is here. They still have not addressed a lack of scoring upfront.

The Storm

Mar 15, 2022
Don´t want to shit on the party but I hope they won´t regret signing Zadorov to that contract very soon. Signed until he is 35 years old, 10 years in the league already with a very physical style of play, only played the full 82 games once, very prone to bad mistakes and basically the same offensive game as Carlo. Also Colorado traded the guy before they won the cup what says something too ..

I love the physicality and big checks but too much term and too many millions.
Chara was great until age 35. As long as Zad's skating is still good, he'll be fine.

We are getting a lot heavier. Max Jones 6'3" 216. Kastelic. Zadorov. Sweeney finally saw the writing on the wall. Not going to beat the Panthers unless they are "heavier". Ecstatic that Gryz is gone. This is a much tougher team.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I like the Max Jones signing- have seen a good bit of him with the Ducks, and he will be liked here as a 4th line banger who is not without some skill. Whether the B's are done or not depends on where Sway comes in. Sweeney by now probably knows about what it will be- if its 6-6.5, a scorer can be brought. Plus, team can be 10% over the cap in the summer, no? Time for other moves to get compliant if necessary.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Doesn’t make any difference one way or two way. Not to the cap anyways.
Jones a two way deal or one way?

They still need to improve scoring up front. You cant just hope Lysell or Potrias replace that. You know what Debrusk gave you. you have to get someone to expect that.

Lindholm isnt here to be a points producing guy. His defenisve presence and faceoff ability is why he is here. They still have not addressed a lack of scoring upfront.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Zacha-Lindholm-Pasta
March-Coyle- ?
Frederic-Beecher-Geekie
Jones-Kastelic-Brazeau

Definitely looks like Boston is trying to build a bigger/heavier team. I'm guessing Geekie, Brazeau, and Lysell get a shot on that second line; I guess there's time and still some money to bring in another guy too.

The defense looks good though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad