BRUINS GDT Free Agent Frenzy - July 1 NOON (ET) - ESPN+, TSN, SN

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Max Jones - Don't know much about him ... actually know nothin'! But I do like this write up!

Max Jones is a diligent and hard-working power forward capable of being an impact player every shift. He's strong on the puck and routinely looks to create separation. He knows his game inside out and has a wide array of tools at his disposal. Strength and speed allow him to bull his way to the front of the net where he is relentless and creates havoc. Makes smart decisions with the puck and doesn't give the opposition time and space. Possesses high-end finishing ability and "wills" the puck to the back of the net. All-in-all, a determined forward who puts tremendous pressure on his opponents when he's on the ice

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Max Jones - Don't know much about him ... actually know nothin'! But I do like this write up!

Max Jones is a diligent and hard-working power forward capable of being an impact player every shift. He's strong on the puck and routinely looks to create separation. He knows his game inside out and has a wide array of tools at his disposal. Strength and speed allow him to bull his way to the front of the net where he is relentless and creates havoc. Makes smart decisions with the puck and doesn't give the opposition time and space. Possesses high-end finishing ability and "wills" the puck to the back of the net. All-in-all, a determined forward who puts tremendous pressure on his opponents when he's on the ice
I like him a lot, Keith Jones' son, plays very on the edge and goes over frequently. Never lived up to offensive expectations but he Kastellic and Beecher should be a very fast, very aggressive 4th line.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Don´t want to shit on the party but I hope they won´t regret signing Zadorov to that contract very soon. Signed until he is 35 years old, 10 years in the league already with a very physical style of play, only played the full 82 games once, very prone to bad mistakes and basically the same offensive game as Carlo. Also Colorado traded the guy before they won the cup what says something too ..

I love the physicality and big checks but too much term and too many millions.
When he puts a hurt, a bad hurt I might add, on Thachuk and maybe is POS partner Bennett, it will be worth the 5 mil and I say with great confidence that for once all fellow posters will be in agreement.

Reactions: SToMper!

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Jones is a pretty big guy and definitely moves well. I think he’s a nice addition to the 4th line. Plays a heavy game and isn’t afraid to get his hands dirty.

Who on the 4th line does he beat out?

Brazeau, Kastelic, Beecher.

#13 or 14 likely.

As a prospect was well regarded but never really met the expectations. Reminds me of Boqvist signing last year, but tough instead of skill.

Reactions: sarge88

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Hopefully your staff can help Max apply his strong toolkit to carve out a role for himself. He seems like a genuinely nice guy and really well liked teammate.

Big body with good straight line speed. One would hope he would play that relentless north/south forechecking game but he's never shown that dog on bone mentality with enough consistency shift to shift. There's certainly a fair bit of tunnel vision there, he'll never be your thinking mans player, nor does he have to be when 6'3 and fast. He'll occasionally show these flashes of hands on net drives that make you think he can be a skilled powerforward, but again it's just not happening with nearly enough frequency.

A fresh start could be good for him. Get away from the team that drafted him first round and abandon any notion of being a top six guy. Focus on having his motor going at all times, completely simplify and try to make a go of it as a big energy guy. Has to start playing the body every shift, I think he'd still be in Anaheim if he had done that to this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad