Windsor Spitfires 2023-24 Offseason Thread (Part 3)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Big playmaking winger.

Not the defenseman most of us expected. 3rd rounder, 75thOA to the Capitals.

Edit: We have some serious size up front with Greentree, Spellacy, Belchetz, Protas.

Reactions: OHLTG

DetSpitsFan

Nov 20, 2016
They mentioned we're going to be physical in that press conference yesterday… I could see this team being a pain to play against, regardless of where we are in the standings. Just the size of this team seems intimidating.

If Colton Smith is being left out of OA Talks, maybe there's already plans in place to bring in a Bigger D Man that way.

My slight concern with Protas is him being an 06, drafted in the NHL before the CHL, this makes him AHL eligible next year, no? Where Greentree and Spellacy are not?

Safe to assume no concerns with him coming over if he was already playing in the states.

Taken 3 Picks after Spellacy in the NHL Draft.

Reactions: OHLTG

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
They mentioned we're going to be physical in that press conference yesterday… I could see this team being a pain to play against, regardless of where we are in the standings. Just the size of this team seems intimidating.

If Colton Smith is being left out of OA Talks, maybe there's already plans in place to bring in a Bigger D Man that way.

My slight concern with Protas is him being an 06, drafted in the NHL before the CHL, this makes him AHL eligible next year, no? Where Greentree and Spellacy are not?

Safe to assume no concerns with him coming over if he was already playing in the states.

Playing physical would help.
U can't just do it for 1st 10 minutes n then completely abandon it like in the past.

Reactions: DetSpitsFan

DetSpitsFan

Nov 20, 2016
Talk about size.
Greentree 6'2
Martin 6'4
Nesbitt 6'4
Spellacy 6'3
Belchetz 6'4
Protas 6'4
Walton 6'3
Winegard 6'6

F - 8
Greentree, Abraham, Spellacy, Nesbitt, Belchetz, Morneau, Protas, Davis
(Outwater, Martin, Greenwell, Lemeiux, Brockelhurst, Garden to fill 4 Spots)

D - 4
Christoforo, Woodall, Eichler, Walton
(Winegard, Hicks, Manzo, Lavigne to fill 2 Spots)

G -
Costanzo
(Froggett, Windbiel)

Anyone I'm missing? I'd assume Outwater and Martin are in, just because of our other options being a high quantity of 08's. I'd expect Winegard back as well, if nothing else because of the size they're building around, but I don't really seem him with OA potential and could see one of the younger options taking a spot, even if it's not filled with an OA.

Reactions: hockeylegend11

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010

He is eligible for the AHL if Washington signs him,though I doubt he is ready for the jump to pros yet.

Talk about size.
Greentree 6'2
Martin 6'4
Nesbitt 6'4
Spellacy 6'3
Belchetz 6'4
Protas 6'4
Walton 6'3
Winegard 6'6

F - 8
Greentree, Abraham, Spellacy, Nesbitt, Belchetz, Morneau, Protas, Davis
(Outwater, Martin, Greenwell, Lemeiux, Brockelhurst, Garden to fill 4 Spots)

D - 4
Christoforo, Woodall, Eichler, Walton
(Winegard, Hicks, Manzo, Lavigne to fill 2 Spots)

G -
Costanzo
(Froggett, Windbiel)

Anyone I'm missing? I'd assume Outwater and Martin are in, just because of our other options being a high quantity of 08's. I'd expect Winegard back as well, if nothing else because of the size they're building around, but I don't really seem him with OA potential and could see one of the younger options taking a spot, even if it's not filled with an OA.
Upfront I see Gaymes making the team an o6 born,on the D would not shock me that an OA man is coming,1 of Konnor Smith,Blake Smith,Donavan McCoy works for me.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Lots of talent to develop for this organization. I'm skeptical about the coaching, but we'll see what happens. It's not changing now, so let's hope the past is behind Walters, and we move forward with growing these kids into a powerhouse unit that can contend.

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
He is eligible for the AHL if Washington signs him,though I doubt he is ready for the jump to pros yet.

Upfront I see Gaymes making the team an o6 born,on the D would not shock me that an OA man is coming,1 of Konnor Smith,Blake Smith,Donavan McCoy works for me.
Just to note Outwater is 6-3 as well to add to the giant sequoias lol

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
So its a forward with size. Im ok with while preferring a D man. Still has lotsa work but who doesnt. Wonder if they got a 2 year commitment from him…. Now this means he needs to find at least 1 big aggressive, older D man. Yes Konner fits that bill perfectly! Im pretty sure hed love to play at home this year. Do we still need another guy back there as well to clear the net?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad