BRUINS GDT Free Agent Frenzy - July 1 NOON (ET) - ESPN+, TSN, SN

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
I wou

I would pay Sway 6 to 6.5 for 3 years and if his stats prove out over this time then give him the big contract. Has no proven resume to garner 9 mil at this time.
I will gladly give Don Sweeney sexual favors if he can pull this off.

As I type that, I realize that's a big statement. But I am not worried one iota about having to pay off so all is good.

And fair is fair, Swayman for 3x$6M or so is definitely worth at least a reach around.

• Haha
Reactions: Sigh and NeelyDan

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
I'm kind of an optimist by nature. I don't really like to dwell in negativity. However...

My gut is telling me that four or five years from now, we'll look back at the events of the past few days as the point in time where things took a dramatic turn for the worse.

I think the Lindholm deal carries a significant amount of risk.

I hated taking back Korpisalo in the Ullmark trade.

I detest the Zadorov deal.

For a long time, I thought that Don Sweeney's best attribute has been his cap management. And in the last 96 hourse, he's added three long-term, high risk deals to his books.

There may be a short-term bump, but I don't see Lindholm, Zadorov, and Korpisalo as the key pieces to push the Bruins over the top. Not even close. I think there's a real chance they've spent a ton of money without making themselves dramatically better.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
I wou

I would pay Sway 6 to 6.5 for 3 years and if his stats prove out over this time then give him the big contract. Has no proven resume to garner 9 mil at this time.
Based on Shesterkin's current deal, that is about right, if not a little generous. I'd prefer if they got an additional season or two, though.

edit: oh, and Shesterkin signed his deal at age 26 on August 9th.

Reactions: bbfan419

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad