BRUINS GDT Free Agent Frenzy - July 1 NOON (ET) - ESPN+, TSN, SN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
So many 'prove it' scoring forwards that the Bruins could capitalize on:

Laine
Skinner
Stamkos

on cheaper deals who have scored 40 before. Really loved the Panthers model of buying low on guys who had fallen out of favour in their previous teams and signed deals to prove the NHL wrong. Get 2 or three of these guys on deals at $5,000,000 or less for the next 2-4 years and the scoring depth explodes in Boston.

Two of these guys and Lindholm makes them so much stronger but just Lindholm is a failure this off-season.
I would love Stamkos, here not going to be locked into a long term contract, and he still producing. Laine is the other guy again not a long contract and he is young, . Two players that can put the puck in the net and, I think you can by some time and keep some cap space for next year for the big fish Draistl. I am very concerned with these Swayman, talks, I think they are taking on being more personal then I thought.

Reactions: Coach Parker

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Last year? 1/2 the roster is unsigned. Have you seen the current D?

Sorry I missed your response yesterday- Gryz, who was pretty bad last year, Forbort, who didn't play much and was not good when he did? Who am I missing? Carlo, McAvoy, Lindholm, Peeke, Lohrei, Wotherspoon all back. That's most of the D it seems to me.

Sigh

At half mast
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2007
www.galenwestonjr.ca
I agree entirely about him being soft and I love tough players, but you do need talent too.

The guy can score goals. Perfect world for me is a team full of Lucic's, Tkachuk's and Messier's -- but that's impossible.

I'm not saying make Skinner a priority or anything, but if they get their 1C and they find another d-man or winger after that and Skinner is unsigned and is willing to come her cheap and short for a chance to win -- you can do a lot worse than a guy who can skate like that and will likely score 20, without even needing to play PP.
I don’t disagree about needing someone to put the puck in the net, but IMO, Skinner isn’t the guy. Soft, 0 playoff games played in his career, and he chased money to Buffalo. Hard pass. I will die on this hill. :laugh:

Reactions: sarge88

Mad Dr Pepper

Jun 28, 2015
Quebec
1000003096.gif

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
I though all these deals where going to killers because the future cap was going to be up?

Look like deals heading for a lock out

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
It’s crazy.

And the fact that trades were going down during the Finals. You’d think the league would want to clean this up a bit.

Ah well.

Guess we’ll go live here, too.
I did enjoy the utter lack of respect shown to Bettman recently, from McDavid not going out for the Conn Smythe, to a draftee not shaking his hand on the podium to GM's ignoring the finals and making trades. Good start

Reactions: NeelyDan and Bodit9

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad