BRUINS GDT Free Agent Frenzy - July 1 NOON (ET) - ESPN+, TSN, SN

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
You seem to be stuck in 2002 with this complaint. They spend all the money they can possibly spend. They just don’t necessarily spend it in the right places lol…. but that’s a different argument
Fair, just preparing for a day of disappointment because JJ went cheap on the GM

Reactions: CDJ

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
I don’t know what Zadorov’s contract would ultimately look like. I’m aware of his shortcomings as a player as well. He is no analytics darling.

Having said that, I’m excited about someone who will not allow opposing teams to take liberties in the crease and other parts of the ice.

We can argue about physicality and intimidation and whether or not its importance is overblown until we are blue in the face. At the end of the day, I want a guy who makes guys pay the price.

Simply put, I want a hammer of our own.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Stamkos yes, Skinner no. Would rather Perron or Bertuzzi. Zadarov if they can't afford him Dillon.

Don't forget angry as management again peddles Stanly Cup is the ultimate goal bullshit and spends like it's competing for the Kelly Cup

I would take Stamkos, happily. I don't see what Perron over Skinner, when Skinner is a far more effective offensive player, and Perron is older. Bertuzzi is younger than Skinner, but Skinner is a far better offensive player, and can't be any worse defensively

DaBroons

Aug 2, 2005
When thinking about the money being thrown at players tomorrow, remember that the cap is going to go up by about by at least $6M per year, so a guesstimate would be:

24-25: $88M (already set)
25-26: $94M
26-27: $100M !!!
27-28: $107M
28-29: $115M

High Noon - just like when the shooting used to start in all the John Wayne movies!!!
Actually Gary Cooper was the star of High Noon.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

And if those rumors are true, there isn’t money for anything else in the forward group after signing Swayman to one of theses 7-9 million dollar deals. You are looking at two of Poitras, Lysell and Merkulov in the top 9, or million dollar vets instead.

I’m worried about the Zadorov fit on a team that struggles getting the puck out of their own end. But can’t deny he would add an element this team is missing.

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
What about any of the following....

Pesce
Teravainen
Marchessault
Duchene
Foegele
Carrier
Mantha

I would welcome any of them
Marchessault and Foegele I like from that list, Duchense is a bit of a gamble. Good Duchense absolutely but am afraid of the unengaged Duchense. Teravainen if other options are gone. Hard pass on Mantha. Apathetic towards Carrier and Pesce

Reactions: Gordoff

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
I definitely do not want Zadorov at the money he's going to be signing for.

That said, if they are thinking about slotting in smallish kids like Poitras, Merkulov and Lysell, there's certainly an appeal to having that huge, violent bastard on the roster.
Or four.

Man, Lindholm, Zadorov and Bertuzzi on a discount would be sensational. They'd have to move out $2m to make it work though.
Geekie

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
With Tanev signed and Domi re-signed, Bertuzzi is likely out in Toronto so I wonder if the B's will look back to him with DeBrusk likely leaving?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $50.00