GDT: Free Agent... Frenzy? aka "Let's get some guys to help Celebrini maybe" | Coverage on NHL Network, TSN, Sportsnet

StrawHatEklund

Apr 16, 2024
San Jose
Why is no one signing Adam Boquist? 23yr old #8 overall pick?
Apparently, he’s extremely injury prone. Even got injured sitting on the Blue Jackets bench. I’m sure someone will take a chance though. Might even be us.

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
He's soft as butter, slow and easily injured. He was rushed on 2 different teams and had all sorts of opportunities on the PP when Werenski was injured, but his game never adjusted to NHL speed. I've rarely seen a guy hit so much. He takes too much time and gets blasted and injured.

Reactions: Sandisfan

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Would the Sharks be interested in Laine for Ferraro?

Laine has gotten pretty underrated as a player, he had the two best seasons of his career before this season's concussion and then joining the PAP. 108 pts in 111 games and solid defensive results.

On the other hand I can see the Sharks thinking that it's not the best situation for him to thrive. He tends to carry the puck too much and especially so when he thinks he has to be the guy. Maybe not enough of a supporting cast that can push him back into the primary shooter role.

Boqvist is a very weak player, not quick. Not a great playmaker or anything. Lacks defensive awareness. His only selling point is that he can jump into a gap and snipe. Might be a pretty good PP QB, but he never got much of a look there on a bad Columbus PP.

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
Would the Sharks be interested in Laine for Ferraro?

Laine has gotten pretty underrated as a player, he had the two best seasons of his career before this season's concussion and then joining the PAP. 108 pts in 111 games and solid defensive results.

On the other hand I can see the Sharks thinking that it's not the best situation for him to thrive. He tends to carry the puck too much and especially so when he thinks he has to be the guy. Maybe not enough of a supporting cast that can push him back into the primary shooter role.

Boqvist is a very weak player, not quick. Not a great playmaker or anything. Lacks defensive awareness. His only selling point is that he can jump into a gap and snipe. Might be a pretty good PP QB, but he never got much of a look there on a bad Columbus PP.
He got the look when Werenski was out all year and had a chance with Gaudreau and co. Before long they were screaming to try someone else on the PP and tried Marcus Bjork, who isn't even in the NHL this year.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
He got the look when Werenski was out all year and had a chance with Gaudreau and co. Before long they were screaming to try someone else on the PP and tried Marcus Bjork, who isn't even in the NHL this year.

Among the Jackets fanbase we didn't think he got much of a look with the top unit, and most of us actually preferred Boqvist over Werenski there. Werenski is a great 5v5 scorer but not on the PP. Regardless, he's not a piece I think the Sharks would want long term.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad