GDT: Free Agent... Frenzy? aka "Let's get some guys to help Celebrini maybe" | Coverage on NHL Network, TSN, Sportsnet

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Weird that Alexandre Carrier extension hasn’t been announced, maybe things changed after landing Stamkos, Marchessault, and Skjei? He’s the only player left in FA that I really have any interest in.

Reactions: TealManV

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I think I'm ok with the Sharks keeping quiet for most of today. They got a guy, but one thing I always marvel at with Free Agent day is how over priced the market is. I don't want the Sharks to fall into the same traps they have been trying to get out of. This isn't a playoff team anyway, so the big moves happened over the weekend at the draft.

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
He literally didn't though. "Current NHLer or similarly rated prospect that isn't a goalie" was the ask.
Askarov is a top 5 rated goalie prospect in the league mate.

It was pretty clear after seeing some links(I was asking questions of Nashville fans) Trotz wants the moon for Askarov to even consider moving him and doesn't want to trade him.

They think they can get Askarov to hang around for 4-5 years to develop and said "that's how we develop our goalies. Saros was Rinne's understudy for years" when I pointed out that he might not be happy seeing Saros extended for 8 years after this one.

Munnyro

Jul 15, 2013
Sacramento, CA
I think I'm ok with the Sharks keeping quiet for most of today. They got a guy, but one thing I always marvel at with Free Agent day is how over priced the market is. I don't want the Sharks to fall into the same traps they have been trying to get out of. This isn't a playoff team anyway, so the big moves happened over the weekend at the draft.
Jesus some awful contracts are dropping. GMMG needs to go to lunch or something.

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
Askarov is a top 5 rated goalie prospect in the league mate.

It was pretty clear after seeing some links(I was asking questions of Nashville fans) Trotz wants the moon for Askarov to even consider moving him and doesn't want to trade him.

They think they can get Askarov to hang around for 4-5 years to develop and said "that's how we develop our goalies. Saros was Rinne's understudy for years" when I pointed out that he might not be happy seeing Saros extended for 8 years after this one.
And Trotz literally still did not publicly say anything about top 5 overall pick or anything related to that as an asking price.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Weird that Alexandre Carrier extension hasn’t been announced, maybe things changed after landing Stamkos, Marchessault, and Skjei? He’s the only player left in FA that I really have any interest in.
In terms of defensemen, still hoping for Carrier but would also take Schmidt or Brannstrom

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad