GDT: Free Agent... Frenzy? aka "Let's get some guys to help Celebrini maybe" | Coverage on NHL Network, TSN, Sportsnet

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA

I’m hoping for something like $8M/3Y. Gives him the ~$24M total that he was projected to get on the open market, but with the opportunity for him to bet on himself still being worth something at the end of it.

Reactions: StanleyCup2035

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
That's why I have tempered expectations for the day, we're not ready for big game hunting just yet

We were the stars of draft day, but because of that free agency is a little ways away, I expect more dumpster diving and cap dump acquisitions for the next year or 2 before we try loading up
I also don't think that there are a ton of big fish out there. If we can nab Toffoli and a RHD while making a deal to move Ferraro for something, that would be more than enough. Think a lot of our heavy lifting is done with adding Goodrow, Dellandrea, Walman, etc.

Reactions: Helistin

Bizz

Slacked for Mack
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
I'd take that Toffoli rumor with a grain of salt, dude keeps flip flopping on Marchessault. That's not something a legitimate source does.

SjMilhouse

Jul 18, 2012
I'm not buying into any rumor until a contract is signed. Depending on how Grier is approaching paying a premium to attract talent to a bad team this could be Tavares all over again as a player looks to use an overpay from San Jose to squeeze out a little more money from a preferred destination

Reactions: NewMuzu24

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
I'd take that Toffoli rumor with a grain of salt, dude keeps flip flopping on Marchessault. That's not something a legitimate source does.
Friedman and Serravali echoing it makes it real though. If he was the only one, it would be one thing. He's not though with two other big players in the scoop game being on that one already.

Reactions: Alaskanice

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away
I'm not buying into any rumor until a contract is signed. Depending on how Grier is approaching paying a premium to attract talent to a bad team this could be Tavares all over again as a player looks to use an overpay from San Jose to squeeze out a little more money from a preferred destination
It’s different now. We aren’t adding to a contender. We’re adding to help our kids.

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
So if you don't care about rumors and only when contracts are signed, what exactly is the purpose of being in a thread like this on Free Agency Day?

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Sounds like Stamkos is headed to Nashville. It's too bad but Nashville is a great place for him to get paid and compete. They just won't win anything.

• Love
Reactions: landshark

SjMilhouse

Jul 18, 2012
So if you don't care about rumors and only when contracts are signed, what exactly is the purpose of being in a thread like this on Free Agency Day?
Maybe that's not the right way to put it. I just don't plan to get my hopes up based on a rumor from someone with <5k followers on twitter saying he's coming to San Jose. I believe we are interested since that is coming from an actual source.

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
Tofolli would be great. Right shooting RW to play with Tofolli. Not a bad gig for him either, spend 3-4 years getting overpaid on the wing of an up and coming franchise center?

Eklund-Granlund-Zetterlund
Koistin-Celebrini-Tofolli
Couture-Smith-Dellandrea
Goodrow-Sturm-Kunin
Grundstrom, Afanasyev

That doesn't suck. I might grab one more guy in case Couture can't go, as I wouldn't want to see a Goodrow-Smith-Dellandrea line. If he can, you've got him with two quality veterans who play both ways. Dellandrea may have some untapped offensive potential, and those three would likely get soft minutes.

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
Stephenson would allow us to trade Granlund and Sturm at the deadline without a second thought.

Celebrini-Smith-Stephenson-Goodrow down the middle in 25-26 would be sick. Guessing Stephenson will want 5-6 years though.

Agreed. Depending on the cap, I'd be open to 5 years, but I'd like to avoid having a guy to 36 at a significant ACV. He's also not going to have the same quality of wingers and D that he had in Vegas. But if he could put up 40-50 points each year that would be quality insulation.

landshark

They'll paint the donkey teal if you pay.
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
Just a heads up for trackers, TSN video not loading in 'merica!!! Cause who f***ing cares about the leafs?

So you can load the list w/o hearing them drone on...

1719846807439.png

:cheer:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad