GDT: Free Agent Frenzy 2024

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Scoresberg

Perpetual Mediocrity
May 28, 2015
Earth
One trend I'm noticing during the last couple of years is that teams are really building their top-six defenses as opposed to more of a top-four mentality earlier.

The playoffs - especially - are so grueling that you need fresh defensemen night in and night out. You need to have 7-8 capable NHL defensemen in your system in order to make a long run.

beardawg

Feb 12, 2015
Washington, DC
But I am still worried about our age structure. We're going to be a really old team next year.

Hungry dogs run faster, I just worry that all we're going to get are players looking for their retirement money and home.
It's either rebuild now or rebuild when Forsberg is 35 and Josi is retired. Might as well go for it

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
Well, if you aren't going youth movement, go retirement home movement I guess :laugh:

Stamkos instantly is our 2nd best offensive forward (2/3 overall) and should massively juice our power play. If we were gonna go big, this is who you get. I don't love the contract but we have money to spend and thank GOD it's 4 years not 6.

What a great splash from a marketing perspective as well.

Now go get Skjei, another defensemen, and a couple of young guys like Pinto/Brannstrom/Nylander. Massechault would be fine too.

predhead1

Aug 7, 2003
Gotta pick up some talent on the blue line as well. Pesce sounds off the market so hopefully Skjei is on the way.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
We shall see how everything shakes out but if we do we stamkos and marchessault/Stephenson... it doesnt mean the youth movement is over. There is still time for trades. The team could also run a highly effective top 9 with a strong bottom line

This bottom 6 could be quite effective
Novak Parssinen Evangelista
Smith Sissons McCarron

Or possibly Trotz has a good offer for a player like novak or some of Evangelista/novak/Pärssinen are needed to try and get a center like Pinto. This may be a long summer

JD86

Feb 29, 2024
Little rich for Stamkos, but it ain't my money. Wish the Preds didn't have 12 million in dead cap now that they're going for it

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
Well, that's one way to round out a top 6. Holy crap. There's a good argument we got the two best forwards that made it to July 1.

This has to signal the end for someone like Glass, right? Deal incoming?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad