GDT: Free Agency Frenzy (July 1st @ 12pm ET)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

How would you grade GMBM off-season so far?

• A

Votes: 73 83.9%
  • B

Votes: 10 11.5%
  • C

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • D

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • F

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

stephenball

Jan 7, 2018
That deal seems great for Florida. Obviously he’s not expected to put in almost 60 a year, but if he falls back and is a 40 goal guy that plays an excellent 2 way game it’s a great contract. Since he doesn’t rely fully on speed for his game I think the contract should age well.

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
July 5th, and puckpedia seems to be the leader, though it has a ways to go before it catches up with capfriendly
I mean....capgeek...capfriendly...someone else will step it up eventually. I hope.

Glad to see Frank and Priskie signed reupped already. That Bears team is so good. Frank should get a shot.

Might linger back in here a bit more again.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Was making a 2025 NHL div winner future parlay.
Caps are 2nd to last in the Metro and +5000 in comparison the Islanders are +1200 and Flyers +1600 Jackets +10000

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
I like what they've done already this offseason
Hope whatever splash we make today is SMRT ;)

Hoping it's for a strong Top-4 D, packaging a Jensen or TVR deal w/maybe McMic or Milano

LGC!

Reactions: Calicaps

Kalopsia

Sponsor
Jun 25, 2018

Friedman in his predictions for all the free agents has the Caps landing Matt Roy.

• Here are some educated guesses on what we could see Monday. Don’t take them as gospel, the rumour mill drank a case of Red Bull on the weekend.

Viktor Arvidsson: Heard Edmonton was going to try, but lots of interest.

Anthony Beauvillier: Pittsburgh.

Laurent Brossoit or Anthony Stolarz: Toronto.

William Carrier: Dallas.

Ian Cole: Utah.

Jake DeBrusk: I picked Seattle from the start, have to stick with it.

Brenden Dillon: New Jersey.

Matt Duchene: Dallas.

Joel Edmundson: Los Angeles or Ottawa.

Oliver Ekman-Larsson: Toronto was chasing hard.

Warren Foegele: Los Angeles.

Elias Lindholm: Boston.

Jordan Martinook: Chicago.

Sean Monahan: Columbus or Winnipeg.

Brandon Montour: I thought Utah, but now I'm not as certain. A lot of teams like his fire. Seattle is looking for more offence and is believed to be in the mix.

Brett Pesce: New Jersey.

Matt Roy: Washington.

Jeff Skinner: Seattle, but a lot of options.

Brady Skjei: Nashville.

Kevin Stenlund: Utah.

Chandler Stephenson: Nashville most likely, if not, Seattle or St. Louis.

Chris Tanev: Toronto (around six years at $4.5M AAV).

Teuvo Teravainen: Rangers or Chicago.

Tyler Toffoli: I thought Los Angeles or Rangers, but a few sources think San Jose snares him to entice Macklin Celebrini.

Yakov Trenin: Minnesota.

Sean Walker: If Florida’s defence is decimated by losing Ekman-Larsson and Montour, I could see them making a hard pitch.

Nikita Zadorov: Boston.

Tyler Bertuzzi: Chicago.

Sam Carrick: Rangers.

Obviously, there are many others.

HeyMattyB

Sports bring out the worst in everyone.
Sponsor
Aug 20, 2010
Philadelphia, PA

OV Rocks

Jan 5, 2014
Beach with Beer
D market filled with landmines, but several of them seem to have picked their teams already so bullet dodged.

Brett Pesce (does he get 5+ years?) Yikes.

Christopher Tanev (Woof, how many years?).

Nikita Zadorov (Please, please, please be an Metropolitan team that pays him).

I like Montour, Skjei and Walker but each of them will be 30 when their contracts start, and you'd assume they get term. A lot of it. Interesting to see.

Matt Roy is a great D too but just how high does that contract climb to?

Alex Carrier, Justin Schultz and Mat Grzelczyk are each pretty solid D's that are getting no buzz around them. They could be great contracts.

Good ol' Erik Gustafsson. Does he still crack 1m AAV? Will likely be a great signing for someone, hope it's not the Rangers.

Brodie, Shattenkirk, Giordano, Martinez, do they still get contracts? Or retirement?
Man what a dumpster fire of options....

It is hard to look at that and not think that the smart way to add is via trade. The acquisition cost, age, cap hit, etc. how do you not look at someone like Chychrun or hell even Trouba at this point.

There really isn't much on the FA list that excites me today, honestly only piece that I find interesting is Ryan Lomberg, I think he fits the 4W better than any internal candidates and is probably under $2m. Another flyer would be Klingberg depending on how much GMBM wants to switch up the D. Buy low high upside offensive d for cheap. Take some of Carlson's PP time. Probably under $2m as well.

Trade route for me today. McMichael, 1st, Jensen, TVR, Milano, all should be on the board. Players I would target Chychrun, Ehlers, McGroarty, Trouba

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Dropped the Caps Capfriendly into Excel and did a snip, would suggest doing unless someone has something better
When does capfriendly go dark? No other sites on the horizon?

Reactions: Silky mitts

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
re: Lomberg
he's a big fan favorite and great locker room energy guy, very Oshie-like; duder gives 100% every time

gotta think FLA will try to keep him but maybe that 500K raise or whatever he's trying to get prices him out

I'd enjoy him in WSH but I think bringing up a Hershey on the cheap is best for 4th line this year

Serial_Derecho

Apr 11, 2006
Charles Town, WV
I feel we are going to quickly know whether or not GMBM thinks Oshie is coming back. If not, I would not be surprised if they grab another scoring forward (Debrusk?)

Edit: Add me to the Matt Roy train! Id love that addition to the back end.

Last edited:
Reactions: Calicaps

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad