GDT: Free Agency Frenzy July 1st @ 12pm ET (Apparently it's not 12pm)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
The entire world has always known this was a thing from before he signed with us years ago except for the Rangers front office apparently.
The entire world knew his wife was a doctor and that they had a preference of where to live, not that he’d refuse to report if traded to a team that’s not on his NTL.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Would any of you be interested in Tarasenko at 2 x $3? Reilly Smith can play LW on the 3rd line. Or you can really blend it up by finally separating Kreider and Zib. More likely it would be;

Panarin-Troch-Laf
Kreider-Zib-Tarasenko
Smith-Chytil-Kakko
Cuylle-Carrick-Vesey
Rempe/Edstrom

Reactions: RangersFan1994

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
The Chychrun thing is a tough one - I guess without the ability to move Trouba the Rangers needed to figure out where the larger need was - D or RW. I guess they picked RW.

They picked wrong, I’d much rather have Chychrun and return Wheeler or something, than Smith and then scraps at D.

Reactions: UnSandvich

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
I think some people put too much stock into Brooks' original articles. Shouldn't do that.

He isn't good for reports. He is better at just dropping interesting pieces. Never actually breaking a story.

The small Easter egg you should be talking about is that Lindrgen wants long term and the Rangers don't. That is an interesting comment.

The "Trouba is done here" was not typical Larry and he doubled down to try to save face. Now he looks bad.

Atax

Apr 7, 2011
also nasty work for them to give Larry this story and turn the fans on Trouba even more.

“Well we tried to move him but all this stuff happened”
Seems like all of this stuff is speculation.
In the end its a business.
Trouba is allowed to be upset about being traded.
And Drury can move him for whatever reason. The team must come first. Not Trouba's feelings.
If moving Goodrow/Trouba hurts the locker room this much, then it wasn't a very strong locker room to begin with. These are professional athletes. They'll forget about Trouba a week into pre-season.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Would any of you be interested in Tarasenko at 2 x $3? Reilly Smith can play LW on the 3rd line. Or you can really blend it up by finally separating Kreider and Zib. More likely it would be;

Panarin-Troch-Laf
Kreider-Zib-Tarasenko
Smith-Chytil-Kakko
Cuylle-Carrick-Vesey
Rempe/Edstrom

Wouldn't be the worst and I think Berard makes a serious run at Vesey spot. Also adding Nate Schmidt on D would be an upgrade on thr 3rd pair.

Reactions: RangersFan1994

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Any chance the Rangers if they still consider to trade Trouba to have a 3rd team help for cap reasons? Maybe that was the holdup. Now who knows if the Red Wings was even true. So I guess this is the roster in training camp, same team with a tweak with the same issues

lakeshirts37

Jun 25, 2019
It does look suspiciously close to the D corps that just went to the ECF

edit - not that the last groups doesn't need improving on, but there's clearly a lot of worse groups out there, even factoring in Igor
Im just so sick of relying on an all world goalie to mask deficiencies. especially ones as glaring as the D corps. Its not a formula for winning a cup.

Mikachu93

Formerly MacTruck
Aug 1, 2010
NY

Panarin-Troch-Laf
Kreider-Zib-Tarasenko
Smith-Chytil-Kakko
Cuylle-Carrick-Vesey
Rempe/Edstrom
If he took that deal, of course.

I just don't see him taking that kind of discount after a pretty productive season and winning a cup.

Someone will give him 3 years 5-5.5 IMO

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
The entire world knew his wife was a doctor and that they had a preference of where to live, not that he’d refuse to report if traded to a team that’s not on his NTL.
Do we know he'd refuse to report? How do we know that? Did he say that? Did his agent say that? Has that been reported somewhere with credibility that I missed? Or is this just more windbag speculation?

Jack Hanson

Oct 5, 2023
I thought on waivers the player has to go anywhere the team that wants him is located?

I thought Trouba prior to the post season and in prior seasons was ok. If he had a broken ankle why didnt we play Jones?

So many mixed emotions: if not injured hes not bad, he stands up for his wife and baby, yet he legit was a bozo in the playoffs f***ing up all the time.

Could we really be stuck with Jake the snake as our C next year? Hopefully he makes some bone crushing hits, timely passes and rebuilds his crumbling legacy?? Oh noes.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Seems like all of this stuff is speculation.
In the end its a business.
Trouba is allowed to be upset about being traded.
And Drury can move him for whatever reason. The team must come first. Not Trouba's feelings.
If moving Goodrow/Trouba hurts the locker room this much, then it wasn't a very strong locker room to begin with. These are professional athletes. They'll forget about Trouba a week into pre-season.
Sure but I’m not talking about the players

My larger point is that this is going to further encourage the worst of Rangers fans to inundate Trouba and his family with hate

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
it means nothing ,really. Unless you are a young team and its just the beginning,

Which we are not, it seems like ECF is our ceiling.
It doesn’t mean “nothing,” but at the same time, it doesn’t mean nearly enough.

This idea that we made the final four and so we should just keep being ok with that because maybe someday Lightning will strike is the epitome of foolishness.

When you are at where we are at, the hard work is just beginning. Now you’ve gotta do the heavy lifting of turning yourself from a playoff team into a Cup winning team.

It involves more than just saying “we were close, and we can’t risk not being close, so we will just see everyone back here next year to try again.”

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
I thought on waivers the player has to go anywhere the team that wants him is located?

I thought Trouba prior to the post season and in prior seasons was ok. If he had a broken ankle why didnt we play Jones?

So many mixed emotions: if not injured hes not bad, he stands up for his wife and baby, yet he legit was a bozo in the playoffs f***ing up all the time.

Could we really be stuck with Jake the snake as our C next year? Hopefully he makes some bone crushing hits, timely passes and rebuilds his crumbling legacy?? Oh noes.

They are not going to waive him because there is no reason for them to do so.

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
Do we know he'd refuse to report? How do we know that? Did he say that? Did his agent say that? Has that been reported somewhere with credibility that I missed? Or is this just more windbag speculation?
My entire comment that you are replying to is based on that speculation, so yes.

If none of this is true and Jacob is gonna go wherever we trade him then hallelujah, we are all good.

They are not going to waive him because there is no reason for them to do so.
There could be a reason.

Atax

Apr 7, 2011
Sure but I’m not talking about the players

My larger point is that this is going to further encourage the worst of Rangers fans to inundate Trouba and his family with hate
I mean you cant operate a business worrying about what sociopaths are going to do.

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
Trouba signed a 7 year deal for 56 million. I assume the Rangers wouldn't have agreed to such a long contract if they didn't have a way out after 5 years. Now we are at 5 years so we should have the advantage yet Drury has screwed this up and somehow has allowed Trouba to still call the shots.

Reactions: mas0764
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad