GDT: Free Agency Frenzy July 1st @ 12pm ET (Apparently it's not 12pm)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Hanson

Oct 5, 2023
Move Lindgren, Kakko and Trouba now please. Now back to watching USA vs Uruguay on Telemundo even though I dont speak Spanish. I have no idea what theyre saying.

Reactions: Barnaby

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
Wait, wait, wait:

"There is no guarantee that Jacob Trouba would accept a trade even to a club on his approved list if that means leaving his wife and nine-month-old (as of training camp) behind. It is not as if Dr. Tyson-Trouba can pick up, transfer her credits to another hospital, accompany her husband and still be licensed as a physician."

Why would he have to accept a trade to a team on his list? Isn't that the point? Is Uncle Larry implying that Trouba wouldn't play next season for any team if he's traded?
This is what I was ranting about last night re: Trouba. The f***ing nerve of this guy. Accepts $50m dollars but then wouldn’t show up so his wife can keep her job?

You signing that contract means f*** your wife’s job. I don’t give a shit if she’s President.

Filip Chytil

Mar 3, 2014
Buy out Trouba. Jacob pulls a Gronkowski and takes a year off hockey and lets the body heal up. Meanwhile, the wife finishes her residency. Jacob trains like Sylvester Stallone in Rocky 4 and comes back making Rod the Bod look like someone on My 600 lb Life.

Win-win for everyone.

Reactions: Jack Hanson

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
It's July 1st. Plenty of things can happen. I mentioned some good things that are real possibilities next year that can make them better. This team will be good next year. They aren't punting on anything as I said.
They are if they don’t get Trouba moved and some other additions finalized. In theory it could happen. It seems likely that it won’t at this point, given the Trouba developments. They have no more cap space if they don’t move him. They’ve gotta sign their own.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Buy out Trouba. Jacob pulls a Gronkowski and takes a year off hockey and lets the body heal up. Meanwhile, the wife finishes her residency. Jacob trains like Sylvester Stallone in Rocky 4 and comes back making Rod the Bod look like someone on My 600 lb Life.

Win-win for everyone.
Unfortunately, in a cap world, There's No Easy Way Out

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
I can't see any scenario where Trouba is back on this team. If he forces his way here we'll be running 7 d all year and he'll be playing 4 mins a night.

LiveLongandProspal

NY Rangers = America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
I can't see any scenario where Trouba is back on this team. If he forces his way here we'll be running 7 d all year and he'll be playing 4 mins a night.

I can. We can pretend like this never happened and sweep it under the rug. And Trouba will continue to be given top-4 minutes and be paired with K'Andre and take stupid penalties and blow defensively and...WHEN DOES IT END? WHEN DOES IT END!??!

Reactions: Chalfdiggity3

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005

Basically saying his wife's delayed residency is the reasons teams don't want to trade for him even if they aren't on his list.
And how would teams know this is a problem? They are doing the research and independently concluding that they wouldn’t want to acquire him and put stress on his family situation out of the kindness of their hearts?

Or his his f***ing agent warning off all the teams tell him Jacob wouldn’t report? Or he’d report but it would be miserable and it would effect his performance?

They should waive this guy and send him to play in Hartford on principal.

Last edited:

savebyrichter94

CALM LIKE A BOMB
Sep 14, 2008
PA
The reason players get so pissed off when we do stuff like this is because we kiss their asses and help grow their ego to the point they think they’re untouchable, plenty of other teams are cutthroat because they established long ago that the team comes first but this organization has let the inmates run the asylum for so long that any resistance to that is seen as egregious

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
You know the question that really should be asked re Trouba? If we have all these massive advantages via NYC and we're such a desirable location for players why are we always forced to outpay everybody else too? Trouba's wife's career was known and talked about at the time of the signing. NYC has the best medical schools and residency opportunities in North America. So instead of letting that hurt us (which it is now) why is that type of thing never used to our advantage? Why didn't Drury just sit both of them down in a conference room in MSG and say, "We have 5 of the top ten medical schools on the continent within twenty minutes of where you're sitting right now. Here is our offer. Think it over. If you don't like it you're always free to speak with New Jersey or the Islanders." NJ or the Isles were never going to offer him big bucks and if they did, who cares? Trouba got BOTH the massively overpaid contract and his wife's dream destination. And now the Rangers see their mistake and want a re-do. Sorry, no pity on the Rangers front office from me on this one.

ElLeetch

Mar 28, 2018
And how would teams know this is a problem? They are doing the research and independently concluding that they wouldn’t want to acquire him and put stress on his family situation?

Or his his f***ing agent warning off all the teams tell him Jacob wouldn’t report? Or he’d report but it would be miserable and it would effect his performance?

Did the reason he want to come to the Rangers in the first place was this exact issue? This should be a surprise to no one.

NJRangers35

Apr 11, 2011
Just an absolute embarrassment. Get this fraud/clown whatever you want to call him out of here (drury). We are going to run it back next year because we neee to respect his wife’s residency. What happened to this once proud franchise. Our defense is a joke.

I know I’m being emotional and likely unreasonable, but I hope the fans start off the season booing him every time he touches the puck.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Did we win it all? I think that's what matters. And what also matters is that guys like Zibanejad, Panarin, and Kreider were no-shows, while guys like Trouba were direct liabilities on the ice.
Only 1 team wins it all but you know this already. Mika, Panarin, and Kreider were fine the first 2 rounds. They sucked against Florida. I'm not a fan of Trouba but he was skating on 1 leg in the playoffs. This was pretty obvious. If they can't trade him I don't think he would be a disaster as a 3rd pairing guy getting 15-18 minutes a night.

Reactions: Barnaby and TominNC

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
And how would teams know this is a problem? They are doing the research and independently concluding that they wouldn’t want to acquire him and put stress on his family situation?

They should waive this guy and send him to play in Hartford on principal.
The entire world has always known this was a thing from before he signed with us years ago except for the Rangers front office apparently.

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
EDM has some interesting depth now

McD, Drai, Hyman, Nuge
Arvidsson, Kane, Skinner, Holloway, McLeod, Ryan, Perry...

They've potentially addressed secondary scoring, reloaded, and ready for another run in 2025. All they need is a cheap boost to their blueline.
Dang, and just like that they sign Janmark.

lakeshirts37

Jun 25, 2019
This absolutely highlights what people like Edge and others tried to warn about in the past when people advocated for players to be treated like video games character with buyouts, waivers, and so on.

Hockey is a sport of camaraderie and teamwork, individuals are just shuttled in and out without regard it can completely dismantle homogeny that's built within a group.

Will be interesting to see if this trouba situation becomes a defining thing for Drury in his tenure.

I saw people posting last night and this morning that there's no way that trouba can go back into that locker room in the fall, I literally laugh out loud at that comment. Trouba hasn't done a single thing wrong, people are acting like he's ADA and his teammates were fighting him and wanted him gone. There's literally not a single sign of that, and in fact an overwhelming number have publicly praised him for his leadership for the group since he's been Captain. This whole situation may have turned into a giant shit right into drurys face
Winning solves all. The locker room will get over it. didnt hurt Vegas or Florida..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad