GDT: Free Agency Frenzy July 1st @ 12pm ET (Apparently it's not 12pm)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Per Brooksie: "Sources report that communication between Trouba, his camp and Drury and management have been professional without animosity that would infect or negatively impact the defenseman’s role as captain. If nothing further develops, it might become a one-sentence Q&A the first day of training camp."

Are we done here?

This is a way of saying he’s here to stay 🤔

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
Players won’t care about this next playoff run. They’ll be happy when Trouba isn’t sitting on his ass in the penalty box.

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
I thought the 2 moves today were solid and the team got better. Ya know, the team that had 114 points last year and an ECF appearance. Nothing to complain about but then again I realize where I'm posting. Maybe we should have signed Toffoli for 6m/4 years and that would have made everybody happy. Did you see the prices paid today? Insanity. Drury is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. It's still only day 1 of FA so others could still be signed and trades can still happen. Stop whining.
Serious question, aside from getting lucky for 3 straight rounds, do you believe the team as it is right now with a deadline trade or two can win the cup?

Again, as I mentioned earlier, free agency wasn't ever going to be the answer, but today *reminded* us the team *can't* win the cup with this defense at least.

A lot of work needs to be done to put them over the edge.

Instead we get:

Lindgren getting resigned and playing with Fox for 5 more years or whatever is nauseating for some of us. Trouba's trade in limbo and more bad PR for the brass requires TUMS. Gus being replaced with Jones, maybe, is *OK* at best.

Good team, but not cup level talent as we have all seen. Luck and surprises could happen, but team needs a defense overhaul badly. Miller wasn't even that good and we are stockpiling capspace to give him a longterm overpaid deal.

LiveLongandProspal

NY Rangers = America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
My sales manager many years ago was a catcher on that Trumbull team and knew Drury quite well. He said he was a Spoiled, entitled, rich kid that a lot of kids didn’t like. He rarely threw the pitch he called. His father was an asshole too. He went to Fairfield prep, which is the home to many other, rich spoiled kids.

Drury was traded to Calgary, traded to Buffalo, and bought out here. Hes gives zero f***s about the players. It’s a double edged sword but he’s shown his loyalty lies with the team instead of the players. I’m not a fan of Drury but I prefer that approach.

Keith Olberman HATES Chris Drury

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Hilarious that I said earlier today that the Rangers and Trouba are going to end up having to kiss and makeup and live with each other at the end of this and someone very proudly told me I was wrong "because BROOKS said so."

Brooks has been out to lunch on this story.

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
Double whammy in that article too that Lindgren is asking for a long term deal

They’re really gonna run it back on defense lol

Larry giving us hope, again…

Lindgren, who is believed to be seeking a longer deal than with which the Rangers are comfortable, has arbitration rights one year ahead of unrestricted free agency.

LiveLongandProspal

NY Rangers = America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
Wait, wait, wait:

"There is no guarantee that Jacob Trouba would accept a trade even to a club on his approved list if that means leaving his wife and nine-month-old (as of training camp) behind. It is not as if Dr. Tyson-Trouba can pick up, transfer her credits to another hospital, accompany her husband and still be licensed as a physician."

Why would he have to accept a trade to a team on his list? Isn't that the point? Is Uncle Larry implying that Trouba wouldn't play next season for any team if he's traded?

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Who is your #2 LD? Zac? The time to move Lindgren was before all the defensemen were signed. We certainly screwed up this whole Trouba thing.

I won’t disagree that would have been ideal to move him before but anything outside of the one RFA year he has would be a massive failure.

I don’t even like the RFA season but if he and others really want to prove that last year was just an “off” year that would be the best way for him to do it.

I’d rather just sign a stop gap for the time being and revisit this at the deadline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad