GDT: Free Agency Frenzy July 1st @ 12pm ET (Apparently it's not 12pm)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
You give up AAV short term by forgoing the bridge, mostly to avoid long term extensions running into the player's mid 30's.
I will never understand 8 year deals out of the ELC.

$23M for Slaf, Suzuki, and Caufield until the end of time. That's a very nice 2nd line.

You can nickel-and-dime RFAs with their bridge deals, but then if you really want to keep them you have to give them 8x??? When they're 26 instead of 22-23.

And as other posters have said the stock could go up. If we'd given Fox 2x6 or something on a bridge he's probably be looking at 8x10.5 now, taking him to 33 instead of 31.

effen

Feb 3, 2018
You give up AAV short term by forgoing the bridge, mostly to avoid long term extensions running into the player's mid 30's.

You can nickel-and-dime RFAs with their bridge deals, but then if you really want to keep them you have to give them 8x??? When they're 26 instead of 22-23.

And as other posters have said the stock could go up. If we'd given Fox 2x6 or something on a bridge he's probably be looking at 8x10.5 now, taking him to 33 instead of 31.
I'm fine with the Fox's and Makar's and McDavid's of the world getting huge extensions. Lesser players, I don't get it.

Reactions: Barnaby

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
Carolina signs Sean Walker for 5 years at $3.6 million AAV. WTF are we even doing here this summer Drury. Seriously.
What can Drury really do until they dump Trouba's contract? If we sign someone, any GM can start twisting the screws on us because they we'll have gone from "We'd like to trade Jacob Trouba" to "We have to trade Jacob Trouba."

Reactions: Barnaby

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
Joke f***ing league. Allowing people covering up SA back into the league. Shameful.
i don't understand how Chicago wasn't penalized further. they get the first overall?
gimme a break.
if it don't make sense... $$$
Hell is hot... death is sure... sin the curse... Christ the CURE!

• Love
Reactions: Atax
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad