GDT: Free Agency Frenzy July 1st @ 12pm ET (Apparently it's not 12pm)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
We really dont have any draft capital to make trades. Do you want to give up a 1st? I dont think we have a 2nd round pick for 5 years. So are you ready to give up on a guy like Othmann/Perrault/Berard to upgrade our defense? Do any of our prospects have any value besides those 3?
Yes, I'm ready to move any of those players for a significant piece. I want quality d-men or a center. They are all wingers. Place of strength for place of need. I'd like to keep Perrault but move him in the right deal.

We have our first round pick next year. I would trade Emery too if it sweetens a good deal. Sykora, Edstrom, Garand, Fortescue. I'm sure I'm forgetting others. We have enough prospects to get a deal done and a roster player or two (e.g. Kakko).

Reactions: Atax

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
They can be but in what role? Smith on a playoff team at this point is 3rd line, do you think Smith playing with zib and kreider is the piece that makes those two not horrid at 5v5?

He's also 33. This franchise has QUICKLY gone from the youngest in the league to the upper half and at the same time pissed away most of their draft currency

Idk im not really sure what else people wanted the Rangers to do today? Would you feel better if we overpaid Stamkos/DeBrusk/Toffoli types? I wouldnt, and I liked those guys going into the day. Drury also may feel like Berard and Othmann are near ready. We are probably going to have 2 rookies on the opening night roster, and Cuylle is in his second year.

The defense is what is concerning right now. The forward group is stale to ranger fans, but still close to the best in the league.

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
If you're into regular season trophies, sure.

I don't care at all about the regular season. Get me in as wc2 with a team built and ready for the war to 16 wins.

This team is going to take a step back next year...
I watch every regular season game. That’s 6 months of entertainment. I like being entertained by wins. And getting to the ECF s fun too. Then what the hell if you’re there you have a better chance than 28 teams

Takeahnase

Jun 29, 2024
NLV
Our offense put up 1G in game 1 against the Panthers. Shutout G6. And had 3 games of scoring just 2. The offense was very much part of the problem.
Part of that (a large part) was the inability of the D to get the puck out of our zone and up to our forwards in a decent position. Igor made like 200 saves while Bob kicked back in a lawn chair, and our “tough guys” on the back end didn’t do a damn thing while the Panthers would chop up Igor after the whistle and we were all trying for the Lady Byng and bringing Bob umbrella drinks after his saves.

Well, there was that one time someone got a roughing penalty for actually defending Igor. Terrible call btw. If the refs won’t protect your goalie you have to.

Circus86

Sep 12, 2020
I don't know what Nashville was trying to accomplish. They are not winning the cup with that group. I think they will regret all three of their big signings.

zlev

Dec 21, 2015
we needed a RW and we got one and not one we're locked into for 6 years. the defense is still a disaster but if the Trouba trade fell through then there really isn't much we could've done. the two best fits were both RD (Roy and Walker). Chychrun would've been an amazing upgrade on Lindgren but we didn't have what Ottawa wanted. it's not a good offseason right now but unfortunately our bed was made years ago.

Reactions: Tob

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I

I’m new, and have never had an account here, so yet another thing you’d be wrong about. If you think Panarin was the source of our failure to win the cup this year you need help. Our D was the issue as the number of shots Igor faced compared to Bob was obscene.

I guess Vlad was just holding up a facsimile of the Cup or did you just stop watching after we were eliminated (by a Tarasenko 3rd period elimination dagger btw)?

Ok.

We just added a guy who won a cup (even scored a series winner!) and isn't someone who needs to be carried by his line mates in order to be remotely useful. Tarasenko was basically like 8th (or even 9th) on the totem pole in Florida and hardly had anything to do with them winning. Much different when you're relying on him to be the 3rd or 4th guy in your forward group.

I'm with you on the D. It sucks and continues to suck and was the #1 reason why we didn't advance further. Panarin wasn't THE problem (I've said it, they could have had the same output from their forwards in that series and they'd win it with better players in place of Lindgren and Trouba) but he was certainly a part of it. Going from 120 points to sub PPG while getting grossly outplayed by your line mates is... Not good.

We already did the Tarasenko thing here and it didn't work unless you missed that part. If winning a cup and scoring a big goal is your criteria, we just added a guy who has won one AND scored a cup clinching goal. No need for Tarasenko!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad