GDT: 2024 Devils Prospect Development Camp

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
This was the first time we've had development camp over free agency/4th of July week. It was completely buried in the coverage of everything else. Every year it would have been next week or possibly even the week after that. Many teams are having it this week and have been having it this week regularly, but we have not.

There's always been teams that start it directly following the draft. Like a day or two after the draft. We've never done it this way in the past.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
I normally go to the scrimmage and I would have liked to have gone today but I knew work would be crazy so didn’t even submit for tickets.

The lack of coverage is a bummer but I get why this makes sense from a logistics perspective for the club and players.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I normally go to the scrimmage and I would have liked to have gone today but I knew work would be crazy so didn’t even submit for tickets.

The lack of coverage is a bummer but I get why this makes sense from a logistics perspective for the club and players.
That and they are embarrassed that there are really only a few top prospects in the pool at this point and they didn't want so many people realizing they could have laced up some skates and done as well as Stillman.

Reactions: Guadana

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
20240703_104017-jpg.891798

leaving for context in case we need it (credit to @Satans Hockey)

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
For all we know Gusev is here annually this week, but we don't normally have time to find out because development camp doesn't start until next week or the week after.

I'm a little surprised by Toffoli. I'm sure his family stayed behind after he was traded to Winnipeg, but I would have thought they would have all packed up for their offseason home by now. Bahl isn't at all surprising, since he was only traded a minute ago.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
For all we know Gusev is here annually this week, but we don't normally have time to find out because development camp doesn't start until next week or the week after.

I'm a little surprised by Toffoli. I'm sure his family stayed behind after he was traded to Winnipeg, but I would have thought they would have all packed up for their offseason home by now. Bahl isn't at all surprising, since he was only traded a minute ago.

The team is really open to letting guys use our rinks in the offseason. Especially for ex players.

It's professional curtesy that pays off by making us a franchise people want to play for more

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad