GDT: Free Agency Frenzy July 1st @ 12pm ET (Apparently it's not 12pm)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
I know its Defcon 1 around here but I feel like the rangers have improved so far today. Devils and caps made some moves but the Metro aint exactly a juggernaut.

Reactions: effen

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
How would skill make something unwatchable? Your definition of watchable / unwatchable must be ditthan mine but then again you want to get rid of Panarin who just put up 120 points. Unwatchable, yeah sure.

Tarasenko is a one trick pony whose not even that good at that trick anymore.

Panarin is a historically awful playoff performer.

Yeah I'm not a fan of guys like that.

What banned/re-branded poster are you? lmao.

Reactions: Atax and NYR Viper

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Going to be a fun conversation when Drury calls up Trouba and says "Hey, you remember all that stuff about trading you as a cap dump? We were just kidding. See you in a few months Captain!"

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
If you're into regular season trophies, sure.

I don't care at all about the regular season. Get me in as wc2 with a team built and ready for the war to 16 wins.

This team is going to take a step back next year...

I mean Smith and Carrick are definitely playoff type players. Smith won the Cup 2 years ago and Carrick was playing in one last week.

There's more to develop on defense this summer. there has to be.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Going to be a fun conversation when Drury calls up Trouba and says "Hey, you remember all that stuff about trading you as a cap dump? We were just kidding. See you in a few months Captain!"

Brooks already said the decision has been made that trouba is going on waivers if there isnt a trade.

• Haha
Reactions: Chaels Arms

lakeshirts37

Jun 25, 2019
Schneider should be at or around $2m.

If Lindgren gets $4m and he is kept that is a problem contract from Day 1
He’s def not getting just a $500k raise, so they will be more than 5.5 combined

if one replaces the other in cap space is what im saying. They are both wingers smith>goodrow. Same $ but only 1 yr smith not 2 goody. Its a smart chess move.
Gotcha - Reilly is still cooked

Atax

Apr 7, 2011
We don't need a big trade addition, our top 4 dmen are pretty much set, bottom pair dman or two to add. Work in Othmann, Berard, maybe Robertson.

Right now we have a top 9 of.

Panarin trochek Lafreniere
Kreider Zibanejad smith
Othmann/Cuylle/Berars Chytil Kakko

I'm doubtful Tarasenko takes a short deal at his age.
You think this defense is good?
Lindgren-Fox
Miller-Schneider
Jones-Ruhwedel

Please dont tell me that theyll upgrade it at the deadline. That defense is going to get eaten alive.

effen

Feb 3, 2018
Kind of hard to improve a President's Trophy winner on paper no?
The improvement in that lineup comes form Cuylle and Kakko taking big steps forward. A lot of uncertainly is what happens when you're filling internally. I think the approach up front is fine, 7th in GF and GA.

If it's a disaster a few months in they'll make moves, you can always do that.

Reactions: McRanger92

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
They easily will? $2.50-2.75 for Schneider, and at least $4.00 for Lindgren

Thats high on Schneider.

I'd bet on him coming in or around 2 flat on a bridge deal.

Lindgren is a bad contract no matter what they give him. At this point since it seems like a given he is staying I hope they just elect to take him at his QO and go from there.

Reactions: NYR Viper

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
The improvement in that lineup comes form Cuylle and Kakko taking big steps forward. A lot of uncertainly is what happens when you're filling internally. I think the approach up front is fine, 7th in GF and GA.

If it's a disaster a few months in they'll make moves, you can always do that.

Im also fine with the logic of not making long term deals to help the current core. We'd just be wishing we didnt make the moves in a year when Drury turns the squad over to the young players.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Tarasenko is a one trick pony whose not even that good at that trick anymore.

Panarin is a historically awful playoff performer.

Yeah I'm not a fan of guys like that.

What banned/re-branded poster are you? lmao.
me

trade Kakko for a 2nd and a 5th to Anaheim, sign Tarasenko to 1-year $5.05M deal.

• Haha
Reactions: GoAwayPanarin

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
I mean Smith and Carrick are definitely playoff type players. Smith won the Cup 2 years ago and Carrick was playing in one last week.

There's more to develop on defense this summer. there has to be.
They can be but in what role? Smith on a playoff team at this point is 3rd line, do you think Smith playing with zib and kreider is the piece that makes those two not horrid at 5v5?

He's also 33. This franchise has QUICKLY gone from the youngest in the league to the upper half and at the same time pissed away most of their draft currency

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad