GDT: Free Agency Frenzy July 1st @ 12pm ET (Apparently it's not 12pm)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Atax

Apr 7, 2011
Just to be clear. Lets assume they get rid of Trouba. This is our D:

Lindgren-Fox
Miller-Schneider
Jones-Ruhwedel

We needed to sign at least 1 defenseman. Even if that meant overpaying for someone. People keep mentioning the trade deadline. So we can get a guy around the talent of Mikkola? That defense gets eaten alive in the playoffs. We have no defensemen in the pipeline coming up.

We're running the same team back.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
That's called a rebuild. The Rangers are in a window where they very well could win a stanley cup. There's something also said to throwing it all on the table when the time is right. A lot of other top teams got better today. Let's see what else Drury has up his sleeve, but seems like a lot of avenues that would have help put the Rangers over the top are now spoken for.

You know it's going to be a rough day when we are popping out the clichés an hour and a half in.
On one hand I do feel like we're a couple pieces away from winning. On the other hand, I feel like I've said that before.

Something about this core just feels off to me. I don't know what it is exactly or how to fix it. I hope Drury has an idea of how to fix it. I don't think committing to some of these contracts, right now, would be the right play. I'd like to see more shipped out.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
I never liked Drury. I still don't like him. I think he is over his head.

His entire success is becaues of the team Gorton gifted him.

The opposite is closer to the truth. Drury made some major gaffes his first summer but he has largely been handcuffed by Gorton locking 1/5 of the cap up with Trouba and Panarin for 7 years.

Jack Hanson

Oct 5, 2023
The plan is get rid of Goodrow and Trouba then use bag of gold for winger and defensive players that are both fast and feisty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad