GDT: Free Agency Frenzy July 1st @ 12pm ET (Apparently it's not 12pm)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

effen

Feb 3, 2018
So you're sayin we wont be giving out contracts that hamstring us from the moment they are signed and Im supposed to think this is a bad strategy? 15 years of doing exactly what you described is enough of a sample size to say it aint working for us, no?
It's amazing this place bemoans lack of planning and instant gratification in terms of not sucking forever and getting full 7 year rebuilds, but planning ahead for the coming contract tsunami for Igor and Laf and Miller is somehow being asleep at the wheel.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
We have many holes that wont be filled at the trade deadline. People have the right to be concerned that we're going to roll out the same team/Defense. -Trouba.

Ill worry about that when its warranted, the way these contracts are being handed out, I bet there is a market for Trouba. and a lot of teams are going to have to move money out with these spending sprees. Patience is a virtue. We have a team thats better than 90% of the league without doing anything.

Reactions: effen

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
You guys need to realize we are not a destination anymore. Guys don't want to deal with the org that constantly signs big, surrounds you with shit and then blames you and spits you out soon after. People see what happened to Goodrow and Trouba. McDonagh. Callahan. Lundqvist.

We should not have tried to move Trouba since it would be easier to do next year anyways and should have used Lindgren and another piece to get better on LD.

The Rangers don't really seem committed to anything other than the bare minimum to grab playoff gates for a few rounds, and that seems to be some of the players too.

Of course, I don't know shit. There is still time. It's a longer summer than July 1st. Maybe we make some trades. Who knows? I just know I'm kinda tired of being boring.

More Trochecks. More Lafs. More Rempes. Guys with personality. Do anything to win it guys.

Reactions: Go Rangers

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Sadly this is exac
It's amazing this place bemoans lack of planning and instant gratification in terms of not sucking forever and getting full 7 year rebuilds, but planning ahead for the coming contract tsunami for Igor and Laf and Miller is somehow being asleep at the wheel.

Sadly, this is exactly what's going on isn't it?

lakeshirts37

Jun 25, 2019
You guys need to realize we are not a destination anymore. Guys don't want to deal with the org that constantly signs big, surrounds you with shit and then blames you and spits you out soon after. People see what happened to Goodrow and Trouba. McDonagh. Callahan. Lundqvist.

We should not have tried to move Trouba since it would be easier to do next year anyways and should have used Lindgren and another piece to get better on LD.

The Rangers don't really seem committed to anything other than the bare minimum to grab playoff gates for a few rounds, and that seems to be some of the players too.

Of course, I don't know shit. There is still time. It's a longer summer than July 1st. Maybe we make some trades. Who knows? I just know I'm kinda tired of being boring.

More Trochecks. More Lafs. More Rempes. Guys with personality. Do anything to win it guys.
This isnt true at all but OK

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
what I bemoan is that every team seems to be able to just shake off horrendous deals whenever they need to, but ours stick to us like barnacles

Drury just snapped Goodrow out of existence like Thanos and is probably going to do the same to Trouba. Did you want to give Tyler Toffoli 6 mil a year with that savings?

Reactions: Go Rangers

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
We're already seeing the issues with the way Drury is handling Goodrow and Trouba. Two well respected veterans with a letter on their jersey and he has already kicked one to the curb and is working to do the same with another. It looks like nobody wants to sign here. Anyway that can't get a full NMC has to be worrying that the same will happen to them as they get older if their play falls off.

Uh… way more likely the issue is that we just don’t want to hand out term. And I love to bag on Drury but he’s doing the right thing.

Reactions: McRanger92

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY

This is just wildly untrue.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
Drury just snapped Goodrow out of existence like Thanos and is probably going to do the same to Trouba. Did you want to give Tyler Toffoli 6 mil a year with that savings?
I would always rather pay a player too much for bringing some good results than pay a player anything to drag the team down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad