GDT: Free Agency Frenzy July 1st @ 12pm ET (Apparently it's not 12pm)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
If we overpay for guys we'll be complaining down the road. Seems like the priority is having room to sign Laf, Miller and Igor. Which we should.

I think this year is going to be a bit of a youth movement, let's see what Rempe, Edstrom, Jones, Robertson?, Berard, Othmann all brought up then they go for it in 25-26 when Panarin is in his last year. Maybe by then Gabe is up.

Reactions: mas0764

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
8vkxhw.jpg

effen

Feb 3, 2018
aren't you the one still defending the logic behind buch trade/signings of reaves goodrow and nemeth, and denying the relationship between the two?
How can I both defend the logic and deny the relationship at the same time? that statement is gibberish.

Not that it matters, but I'd personally have kept Buch. But if you're going off the premise that

1) there's an edict from Dolan that after the Panarin attempted murder they need toffness
2) they're gonna force feed Kakko and Kravtsov because it's time for them to step up and take those spots then

You're going to trade from a perceived surplus (scoring wingers) and repurpose the resources to things you lack (facepunchers, babysitters for 170 lb. Swedish defensemen, good ol' canadian boys).

The failure is from the other 31 GMs not topping an offer of perennially hurt Sammy Blais. Hope this clears up my position.

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
[QUOTE="Jaromir Jagr, post: 196255241, member: 249049]

We need to find a real winger for Mika and Kreider. Literally can wait until the deadline to do this.

Running it back is fine as long as we look different post-deadline.
[/QUOTE]
sorry if i'm breaking rules here but this is dumb as hell.

every year we hemorrhage assets at the deadline when we could have fixed it NOW for just cap space

Reactions: Chalfdiggity3

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
The Rangers are absolutely going for it this year.
If we overpay for guys we'll be complaining down the road. Seems like the priority is having room to sign Laf, Miller and Igor. Which we should.

I think this year is going to be a bit of a youth movement, let's see what Rempe, Edstrom, Jones, Robertson?, Berard, Othmann all brought up then they go for it in 25-26 when Panarin is in his last year. Maybe by then Gabe is up.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
As long as the plan isn’t to go into the season and address the big needs at the deadline

We’ve done that shit 3 straight years and it hasn’t worked. The teams the win make small changes at the edge and build the team in the summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad