Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
If you trade for Karlsson then you have to go out and find him a Methot. Not Sanderson because he needs to carry his own pairing, it'd be a waste to turn him into Karlsson's clean-up guy (especially when Sanderson is the better player at the moment).

It's just completely unrealistic, and doesn't make any sense to bring him back. Not to mention, Karlsson hasn't exactly shown to be a reliable player if he isn't the #1 dman on his team. This is a player that needs to control the puck in order for him to be special. If you expect to just slot him in as our #2 guy behind Jake Sanderson then it's not going to go well, he doesn't do well in that role.

The only chance of Karlsson ever coming back is when his deal is up and he's already adjusted his playstyle to be a bit more of a stable supporting piece rather than a franchise player you build your team around. I imagine Karlsson will be 100% interested in coming back to Ottawa when his deal is up if he can still play (he would probably take a hometown discount too), but the question would be does Ottawa want him?

We could bring Methot back. He's stuck on TSN just waiting to get the call.

Who wants an overpaid, fragile, gaffe prone, non physical LD?

Apparently half the people on the main board who wanted their team to claim Brannstrom.

Karlsson idea was dead in the water after we drafted Yakemchuk

We'll have Zub and Yakemchuk occupying the top 4 RD roles before too long.

We should just try to get rid of Chabot, not add another overpaid offensive D.

Don't you want Karlsson to mentor Yakemchuk and teach him how to have swagger like a star?

It's exactly what we did for Stutzle when we brought in Galchenyuk.

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
If we're still in it by the deadline and the Preds aren't, I want to trade JBD and Florida's 3rd rounder for Fabbro. Fabbro would fit perfectly as a middle 4 RHD and if we sign him we can look at this lineup going forward:

2025-2026:
Sanderson-Zub
Chabot-Fabbro
Kleven-Jensen

2026-2027:
Sanderson-Zub
Chabot-Yakemchuk
Kleven-Fabbro

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
If we're still in it by the deadline and the Preds aren't, I want to trade JBD and Florida's 3rd rounder for Fabbro. Fabbro would fit perfectly as a middle 4 RHD and if we sign him we can look at this lineup going forward:

2025-2026:
Sanderson-Zub
Chabot-Fabbro
Kleven-Jensen

2026-2027:
Sanderson-Zub
Chabot-Yakemchuk
Kleven-Fabbro

Fabbro would be dreamy, I have been saying his name for a few years now.

Reactions: Bjornar Moxnes

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
We could bring Methot back. He's stuck on TSN just waiting to get the call.

Apparently half the people on the main board who wanted their team to claim Brannstrom.

Don't you want Karlsson to mentor Yakemchuk and teach him how to have swagger like a star?

It's exactly what we did for Stutzle when we brought in Galchenyuk.
More than half of the main board

UglyPuckling

May 14, 2021

2025-2026:
Sanderson-Zub
Chabot-Fabbro
Kleven-Jensen

2026-2027:
Sanderson-Zub
Chabot-Yakemchuk
Kleven-Fabbro
There’s a thread for the 2025-26 cap. Create a spreadsheet (or whatever) with the entire roster to see if you can make your roster ideas work.

Your 3rd pair looks like it would cost about $4.7 - 4.9 m (give or take 100 - 150k), so I doubt that would work.

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
There’s a thread for the 2025-26 cap. Create a spreadsheet (or whatever) with the entire roster to see if you can make your roster ideas work.

Your 3rd pair looks like it would cost about $4.7 - 4.9 m (give or take 100 - 150k), so I doubt that would work.
If we spend around $9mill on our goalie tandem, sign Greig to a bridge, and 35+ year contract Giroux, we can get this done with no issues.

UglyPuckling

May 14, 2021
If we spend around $9mill on our goalie tandem, sign Greig to a bridge, and 35+ year contract Giroux, we can get this done with no issues.
Your ideas might work, but I’d still need to see an entire 22-player roster. Partial rosters are too incomplete and the devil is in the details. Also, your suggestions (minus Fabbro) have already been incorporated into various spreadsheets in the 2025-26 roster thread. I’ll also guess that you have Sogaard or league minimum backup goalie included as part of your roster. Not sure that theory will work, but I suppose we could hope that it does.

Last edited:

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
Like others said, there is already a 2025-26 cap thread with lots of deep diving.

To me, it looks like we're fine cap wise to keep everybody and run with a 23 player roster, but we won't have the flexibility to improve the roster anywhere unless we kick the can down the road signing Giroux to a 35+ contract with easy to reach performance bonuses that can be shifted to the 2026-2027 cap once he hits them. (5 GP, etc).

It's also way too early to look ahead at 2025-26 as far as roster construction goes, because I think we're at a fork in the road. If we make the playoffs this year and prove that this core can win, I think we stick with the same core. If we miss the playoffs and have another embarrassing season, I think some big names either ask out (directly, or indirectly), or get moved and we re-tool around Sanderson, Stutzle, Pinto, Yak, etc.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
We need to get Yakemchuk a Left sided zub

Are we going
Sanderson yakemchuk
Chabot zub
Kleven Jensen
Next year? Don’t know if that’s ideal but it’s balanced.
Would rather try and bring in another left D. Move chabot and bit the bullet.

It feels like the second pair LD is a dying breed lol. At least at first glance

I feel like there’s been a legit shift. Right shot d men are so valuable so a lot of right shot kids are moving to defence.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad