Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Crazy that the Sens lost the Ruhwedel sweepstakes. More evidence of how difficult it is to get top players to come to Ottawa.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I guess they're really banking on Kleven being able to jump into the top 4.

Because there WILL be injuries. I'd bet my house on Chabot at least.
This is the biggest worry. Jensen thrust into the top 2. Kleven in to the top 4 with hamonic in the top 4 to replace Jensen Very very scary.

Pavlikovsky

May 31, 2013
Gatineau, QC
Apparently Montreal offer Mesar + 25 Panthers + Barron and Chevy said no. I doubt we can beat that
Mesar is meh, but 1st + Barron is good value.

After the recent reports I doubt he even gets half that value. If Winnipeg keeps it up they are going to get like a 2nd/roster player + C prospect. Best I'd offer is Ostapchuk/Donovan + 2nd

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Anyone heard of this summer league for NHL players?

Sens Summer: Ottawa Senator Defenceman Jacob Bernard-Docker Turns Sniper in Summer League?​

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend
Would be nice to go into training camp with a bit of capspace this year. Maybe sign a couple guys to PTO's. See if there is any European players who could be signed.

Having some capspace will allow the Sens to make a trade when another team is squeezed, and not have to move money out. Could also pick someone up on waivers after training camp.

jake1

Oct 8, 2002
Visit site

Sens Summer: Ottawa Senator Defenceman Jacob Bernard-Docker Turns Sniper in Summer League?​

It's been a thing in the twin cities for a while. Lots of former gophers and local college players. This year Nate Schmidt and Brady Skjei are there. Pretty sure guys like Oshie have played in the past.

Edit: looks like it was a bigger deal a few years ago. In 2022, Guentzel, Parise, KA Miller, Boeser, JV Riems., McDonagh, Mittlestadt plus the two above all played.

Last edited:
Reactions: aragorn

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury

That goal doesnt really move the needle much for me on JBDs offensive abilities. But having said that, I do still think he's got the potential to become a solid #5-6 dman one day. Maybe even more if he could just add on a bit more weight, and get a little bit stronger, and gets put in the right situation. I honestly see a lot of DeMelo in his game, who was also a fringe NHLer when he came to Ottawa.

Hes got good fundamentals, and while he plays a very unnoticeable brand of hockey, hes also able to eat minutes and not get noticed out there in a bad or good way - which is a net positive in reality.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
How much cap space do the Sens still have left?

Could they still trade for Trouba? It was reported before that the Rangers were willing to retain to drop his cap hit to $5.5 m. Could we trade JBD and a pick for Trouba or would we need to get rid of Hamonic to make the cap work?

Assuming of course that Trouba would be willing to accept a trade to the Sens a d core of this looks pretty good:
Sanderson-Zub
Chabot-Jensen
Kleven-Trouba

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005

Could they still trade for Trouba? It was reported before that the Rangers were willing to retain to drop his cap hit to $5.5 m. Could we trade JBD and a pick for Trouba or would we need to get rid of Hamonic to make the cap work?

Assuming of course that Trouba would be willing to accept a trade to the Sens a d core of this looks pretty good:
Sanderson-Zub
Chabot-Jensen
Kleven-Trouba
About 3 1/2 million with 11F and 7D

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast

Sanderson-Zub
Chabot-Jensen
Kleven-Trouba
Trouba won’t, he won’t be coming to Canada with his wife’s job

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark

Sanderson-Zub
Chabot-Jensen
Kleven-Trouba
Trouba is also an awful player.

Reactions: Duncstar

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Seems like his wife has her dream job in NYC. They will find a way to trade him to Siberia and let the chips fall where they may.

NYC is a top UFA location so replacing Trouba won’t be that much of a big deal. Truly, if the guy doesn’t report he gets suspended and doesn’t get paid. He’ll show up eventually.

Just looks like a team may need an asset to take the headache, like Kakko or something.

zenator

Jan 1, 2004
Crazy that the Sens lost the Ruhwedel sweepstakes. More evidence of how difficult it is to get top players to come to Ottawa.
If they offered a 1-way deal they could have had him. But no team offered him a 1-way deal as he is now a marginal player.

You think there is a "sweepstakes" for a player who signed a 2-way deal?

Reactions: Duncstar and DrEasy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad