Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Resign isn’t a word we use for players. For coaches and management yea probably.

For a player we would say retire.
Either. Way. It’s a typo. But I mean. It’s a harmless one
That's what I was thinking. Since resigning isn't a term used for NHL hockey players under pretty much any context, anyone actually misinterpreting it probably doesn't deserve to have it spelled out for them anyways lol.

milkbag

Jul 31, 2018
English media after learning how Alex Chiasson actually pronounces his last name
giphy.gif

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
He's the new Ryder + Halak and a 3rd.

I wouldn't mind taking a flyer on him given the lack of skill in our system.

Where does he play, is the thing? He's not a 4th liner, and there isn't an obvious spot for him in the top 9, assuming Norris is back for camp and we paid Amadio $2.6M to be at least a third liner.

I think you only trade for him if you're comfortable with the possibility, or even likelihood, of waiving him out of camp and then either paying him an NHL salary in the minors or losing him for nothing.

Last edited:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Where does he play, is the thing? He's not a 4th liner, and there isn't an obvious spot for him in the top 9, assuming Norris is back for camp and we paid Amadio $2.6M to be at least a third liner.

I think you only trade for him if you're comfortable with the possibility, or even likelihood, of waiving him out of camp and then either paying him an NHL salary in the minors or losing him for nothing.
Only way I bring him in is if we get a pick with him and it costs us virtually nothing. He could be a shooter on the PP .. he would not fit if they are looking at 200 ft players that are hard to play against...

He can shoot and he can score but he doesn't do the work he doesn't make plays and he doesn't defend..

I'd rather Sprong than Kaliyev.

Why would the Kings not have an interest in a Joseph for Kaliyev swap? If the Sens are really interested Kaliyev .

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
I'm thinking Kaliyev should get a 3rd, just like Shane Prince back in the day. Both are Russian scoring wingers who showed some element of proficiency in the NHL but were criticized for having more of a 1-way type game. Prince returned to Russia a few years after being traded, but he had his moments.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I'm thinking Kaliyev should get a 3rd, just like Shane Prince back in the day. Both are Russian scoring wingers who showed some element of proficiency in the NHL but were criticized for having more of a 1-way type game. Prince returned to Russia a few years after being traded, but he had his moments.
Rochester has to be my favourite Russian city...

PlayersLtd

Mar 6, 2019
Both are American. I must be missing a joke..???

Anyway, no one should want Kaliyev. He is lazy and one dimensional and in a sense represents everything SS is trying to correct on this team. Bringing him in, even if for free, would be a step backward.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
The time to get Kaliyev has passed imo unless he comes as a pure dump and we are willing to make him an extra and have macewen in the minors

We need a more proven forward and a more proven dman. Only way we should go for potential is if it's actually a high potential player like mcgroarty

Reactions: Dionysus

God Flower

Somebody hold me
Dec 19, 2008
Ottawa
Tkachuk - Stutzle - Batherson
McGroarty - Norris - Giroux
Greig - Pinto - Perron
Amadio - Ostapchuk - Gregor

I really like this forward group. Doubtful, but it would be great if Staios could somehow pull this off. And if the group plays well enough, he can add a top 4 right D/2025 UFA at the trade deadline and drop Jensen down to the 3rd pair. Someone like Larsson from Seattle would be great if the Kraken are not in the playoff mix come March/2025.

Sanderson - Zub
Chabot - Larsson
Kleven - Jensen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad