Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
Why? We have 4.4m to sign Pinto.

It isn't really 4.4M to sign Pinto.

That would give us a 20 player roster. Teams do sometimes roll with 20-22 players, but it's not ideal.

Either we're signing Pinto to a bridge, or we're trading or buying someone out to clear cap.

Hamonic might be on LTIR to start the season, but we will have to have the money to activate him at one point unless the plan is for him to LTIRetire.

I still think we trade Joseph because there is no other way to clear cap, or maybe there is actual legitimacy to a Pinto trade and we get back a young player who is either cost controlled at 3M or less or on their ELC.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Gregor and Amadio is underwhelming when you factor in the other 4th liners/ bottom 6 that have signed elsewhere

Was hoping for better players that actually play PK in which Amadio doesn’t and you sign him for 3 years holy f***
Greig, Pinto, Joseph, Stützle, Gregor all PK just fine. Amadio can if need be. I would not be surprised at all if Kelly returns

We’re not a destination, we take what we can get, but we really dont need to be explicitly targetting a PKer

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Was hoping for debrusk/mcgroarty/Roy/etc

We spent the same money and got garbage compared to those players.

Not looking good for convincing current players to stay unless we go on a long playoff run.
Good luck.
Bad day.
Better be good pinto news or it’s as bad as ever.

Reactions: SensFactor

Senovision

May 23, 2011
I am just hoping that some of these acquisitions can hit and fight if need be so that we are meeting the need of becoming more physical.

Sure Perron has an edge but he wont back it up and then that means that Brady or someone else will have to come in and fight Perrons battles. We need to acquire toughness.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Matt Murray re signs in Toronto for just under 900k, where his salary will be paid in nondescript envelopes under a table

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
It isn't really 4.4M to sign Pinto.

That would give us a 20 player roster. Teams do sometimes roll with 20-22 players, but it's not ideal.

Either we're signing Pinto to a bridge, or we're trading or buying someone out to clear cap.

Hamonic might be on LTIR to start the season, but we will have to have the money to activate him at one point unless the plan is for him to LTIRetire.

I still think we trade Joseph because there is no other way to clear cap, or maybe there is actual legitimacy to a Pinto trade and we get back a young player who is either cost controlled at 3M or less or on their ELC.
I think the far liklier outcome is a bridge around $3m and a few more guys signed under $1m.

We can easily do that, carry a 21 man roster, and have a little wiggle room

ottawagm

May 6, 2023
I've liked what Dorian did the last few summers and we sucked. Don't love what Staios has done (outside of Ullmark. Perron is decent too). Guess that means we're going to be good?

What are we looking like as of now?

Brady-Stu-Giroux
Perron-Pinto-Batherson
Grieg-Norris-Amadio
X-Gregor-X

Sanderson-Zub
Chabot-Jensen
Kleven-JBD
Hammonic

Ullmark
Forsberg
Perron-Stutzle-Giroux
Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson
Joseph-Pinto-Amadio
Crookshank-Greig-Gregor
MacEwen

With up to 2.7M to sign Pinto, unless we run with 12F.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
I just want people to remember what transpired when the Sens went for the sexy acquisitons/trades and everyone hailed summer of Pierre and sens fans were thumping their chests and then the season went into the dumpster as soon as it started.

I'd like to give the season and new team some time to gel to actually properly gauge and assess.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Was hoping for debrusk/mcgroarty/Roy/etc

We spent the same money and got garbage compared to those players.

Not looking good for convincing current players to stay unless we go on a long playoff run.
Good luck.
Bad day.
Better be good pinto news or it’s as bad as ever.
I'd argue the team is better on paper today than it was a week ago, even if the names aren't sexy. Jensen a better fit. Perron is a +. Gregor and Amadio nice depth to change the look.

Don't forget the Ullmark trade. Goaltending has been the biggest issue and he pulled off a coup with that one.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005
I'd argue the team is better on paper today than it was a week ago, even if the names aren't sexy. Jensen a better fit. Perron is a +. Gregor and Amadio nice depth to change the look.

Don't forget the Ullmark trade. Goaltending has been the biggest issue and he pulled off a coup with that one.
I completely agree. I do like the team on paper (assuming we can sign Pinto).

I'm just wondering where the asset management crowd is.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I completely agree. I do like the team on paper (assuming we can sign Pinto).

I'm just wondering where the asset management crowd is.
I'm thinking they're not entirely done yet either. I think we see one more DMan change/signing in some form for the bottom pair.

I don't think they've done bad asset wise. Had to sell low on Chychrun but absolutely cleaned up on the Ullmark deal considering the Korpisalo dump was part of it, and the rest of these guys are free wallets. No issue there imo.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Our Power Couple 💪

59jVmsy.png

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Am I going f***ing crazy but I am liking the signings and players we have brought in compared to the rest of everyone here. Compared to the crazy amount of term and $ that is being spent by other teams, this seems like a more smart approach. Roy would have been amazing but I ain’t giving Tanev 6 years or Marshessault 5 years.

The team seems more well balanced and has better depth than it did a day ago.

I get the Chychrun return is underwhelming but assuming that was the best return that was offered.

This is a better team than the one that ended the season last season (Pending a Pinto signing of course)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad