Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
Value wise, the return is embarrassing considering what Chychrun was worth 2 years ago.

Ignoring crying over spilled Dorion trades, how good is Jensen? Is there any chance he can be Chabot's Methot, or is the reason he is deployed the way he is because he stinks so he might as well take the heavy lifting as a matchup guy?

Reactions: NB613

Senovision

May 23, 2011
Jensen will be 34 years old. Is he a physical player because one of our needs is to get more physical on the backend....hopefully he is a physical player.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
With a bit under $8m to spend:

Brady - Norris - Giroux
Perron - Stützle - Batherson
Greig - X - Joseph
X - Gregor - X
MacEwen

Sanderson - Jensen
Chabot - Zub
Kleven - JBD
Hamonic

Ullmark
Forsberg

RFA: Pinto

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
The Chychrun Jenson trade makes the rumour about Edmunson make more sense, allowing us to keep Kleven in Belleville a little longer.

Sanderson-Zub
Chabot-Jensen
Edmunson-JBD

I'd still prefer we go after an upgrade on JBD, and play Kleven, but alas...

I think this leaves us with about 7 mil in space to fill out the fourth line and extend Pinto once his agent stops being a dumbass.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I don't mind it. Jensen fills the role and isn't a total dud of a trade, but woof has Chychrun's value dropped.

As for Perron, at least he's stayed healthy the last couple years, only missed 6 total the last 2 seasons.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
For inexpensive depth some of the free agents still available are:
Joel Edmundson, Robert Bortuzzo, Pat Maroon, Corey Perry, Kyle Okoposo, Cal Clutterbuck, Zemgus Girgensons, Max Jones, Brett Leason

Also two way contract options like Brett Murray, Brendan Gaunce, Nick Ritchie, Brett Ritchie

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Terrible awful management so far.
Chychrun to Jensen same money
Tarasenko to Perron same money
Kelly to Gregor same money

Worse worse worse.

And lost kastelic.

Ullmark better win a vezina

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
The Chychrun Jenson trade makes the rumour about Edmunson make more sense, allowing us to keep Kleven in Belleville a little longer.

Sanderson-Zub
Chabot-Jensen
Edmunson-JBD

I'd still prefer we go after an upgrade on JBD, and play Kleven, but alas...

I think this leaves us with about 7 mil in space to fill out the fourth line and extend Pinto once his agent stops being a dumbass.
Edmunson can play the right side.

Maybe the D could look like this
Sanderson-Zub
Chabot-Jensen
Kleven-Edmundson
Bortuzzo

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I expect us to hold off until the dust settles and then look for some bargains out of what remains.

Has Dumba signed? I'd be ok with him on a cheap deal if he gets squeezed out and needs to find a landing spot.

Reactions: Sen sational

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Enough with the historical revisionism. Maybe you should go read this thread: Confirmed Trade: - [OTT/ARI] Jakob Chychrun for 2023 1st (top 5 protected), 2024 2nd (1st if OTT make '23 ECF), and 2026 2nd round pick

Everyone thought it was a steal for us.
And yet Chychrun brought literally nothing that we needed to the table. But hey, when Jensen vastly outperforms him next year you can always point back to the trade thread of people clowing on us to invalidate any praise for the move

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Terrible awful management so far.
Chychrun to Jensen same money
Tarasenko to Perron same money
Kelly to Gregor same money

Worse worse worse.

And lost kastelic.

Ullmark better win a vezina

Jenson and Perron are coming cheaper than Chychrun and Tank, Jensen will almost certainly be a better fit, Perron less so, but is a good value contract.

Kelly was going to get more than Gregor, Idk that Kelly is any better.

Kastelic wasn't lost, we traded him for a legit #1 goalie. Ostapchup can fill in imo, and won't miss a beat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad