Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
if you want him for the playoffs. Fine. Having him all year game in game out. No thanks. Go get a player like him at the deadline.

I don’t think he improves our team by any margin.
They need leadership. And yes he's an upgrade on the bottom pair. It's not a video game chemistry, culture and accountability are fundamentally needed in this organization. He also plays RD.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
We are still a bottom feeder laughing stock.

Either we massively overpay or we get bargain bin players.

Same old story, not sure why some on here expect anything else.

Until we actually improve or overpay, we are a team to avoid for free agents.

Senovision

May 23, 2011
Sign Ullmark quick before he realizes our D won't be any better than last year.
Exactly.
We can not just bring back the defensemen we had last year and magically improve.
We have lost Branny although not a big loss....still a loss.
We seem to have to fill a lot of holes at forward as well.
No tarasenko, kubalik, kelly , kastelic.

Reactions: Cosmix
Oct 10, 2010
We didn’t may a play on Pesce because we can’t afford 5.5M right now

I’m honestly not sure what the plan is - I thought Jakob would’ve been moved before FA for draft picks so we can make a play on a top RD.

Reactions: PierresGabriels

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Teams are waiting staios out here. They know we need to trade chychrun

We didn’t may a play on Pesce because we can’t afford 5.5M right now

I’m honestly not sure what the plan is - I thought Jakob would’ve been moved before FA for draft picks so we can make a play on a top RD.
We can afford 5.5 quite easily

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Yeah is it his 1000 NHL games? Having front office experience for 20+ years? Coaching ans developing college level talent? His 2 Stanley Cup finals? How terrifying!
How come he didn’t build a leafs juggernaut. They didn’t improve until they fired him

Many players have played 1000 nhl games. Many have 20 + front office year. And 2 Stanley cup finals. Doesn’t mean they good at the front office.

Poulin seems to be a very well liked man with a lot of connections

Just how into the Habs cup run he is is worrying. They would have simply been out in the conference final in 5 if the format was normal. And he probably wouldn’t remember them at all.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
How come he didn’t build a leafs juggernaut. They didn’t improve until they fired him

Many players have played 1000 nhl games. Many have 20 + front office year. And 2 Stanley cup finals. Doesn’t mean they good at the front office.

Poulin seems to be a very well liked man with a lot of connections
Poulin’s influence is being way overstated lol, he didnt even head up a department until his last year with the team, when he was in charge of the AHL team

Reactions: Senator Stanley

vandelay

Nov 3, 2022
No need to panic. Grab a number 6 d and a couple 4th libe vets that can pk. We were never getting a big name UFA.
Wait for a hockey trade for cych. We have all summer for all of these things. Ullmark signs today.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad