Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

StoicSensFan

ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
Feb 6, 2014
Cantley
Buckle up
Screenshot-20240701-091740-Chrome.jpg

tenor.gif

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Ew. "Steady" Steve made me eat crow with the Ulmark trade so I have to give him the benefit of the doubt but I'm not sure I'll be digging the vibes if we sign Edmondson. He's big, but sucks. I know he's played the right side at times but I think it's a square peg in a round hole just because he's big.

xVolchenkov

Jun 21, 2011
Ottawa
Elliotte Friedman: Matt Roy to WSH

He’s also saying that Ottawa is interested in Joel Edmundson
That’s his prediction, not where there for sure going. Kind of gives me more hope that Roy isn’t a slam dunk to Detroit. Makes me feel like we could get him if Washington could.

I also wouldn’t mind Edmundson.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Just looked through all the July 1st signings from last year. The only major contract I would even consider giving out is ROR.

Sure hope we dont avoid that minefield this year!

xVolchenkov

Jun 21, 2011
Ottawa
Just looked through all the July 1st signings from last year. The only major contract I would even consider giving out is ROR.

Sure hope we dont avoid that minefield this year!
Roy is the only ‘bigger fish’ I want to target. If we can’t get him, I’d prefer to target the second pair RD via trade.

Outside of that, bottom pair RD and 3rd/4th liners don’t concern me that they’ll be overpaid the same way. Could be a bit more than we’d like but nothing handicapping.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Roy is the only ‘bigger fish’ I want to target. If we can’t get him, I’d prefer to target the second pair RD via trade.

Outside of that, bottom pair RD and 3rd/4th liners don’t concern me that they’ll be overpaid the same way. Could be a bit more than we’d like but nothing handicapping.
Agreed, and those are the types of signings I think we will likely make. There is often a lot more value to be found at the middle of an FA class than at the top

Reactions: xVolchenkov

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Ew. "Steady" Steve made me eat crow with the Ulmark trade so I have to give him the benefit of the doubt but I'm not sure I'll be digging the vibes if we sign Edmondson. He's big, but sucks. I know he's played the right side at times but I think it's a square peg in a round hole just because he's big.
He was great in Toronto in the playoffs. Same with Montreal and St louis. I'd really like that signing. Solid vet with a cup.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Thinking we get two ~2M RHD instead of Roy or someone like that, so we're not forced to pay to move Chychrun and Joseph backed into a corner. JBD can go on waivers.

We can use the assets we would have to use to pay to move them, to improve the team at the deadline instead, if we're in a playoff race.
You are an optimist that we will get 2 RD today.

We might get 1 decent 3rd pair RD if we are fortunate. JBD will likely be the 6th D with Hamonic as #7.

We might get a low salary forward this week.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
He was great in Toronto in the playoffs. Same with Montreal and St louis. I'd really like that signing. Solid vet with a cup.
if you want him for the playoffs. Fine. Having him all year game in game out. No thanks. Go get a player like him at the deadline.

I don’t think he improves our team by any margin.

Thinking we get two ~2M RHD instead of Roy or someone like that, so we're not forced to pay to move Chychrun and Joseph backed into a corner. JBD can go on waivers.

We can use the assets we would have to use to pay to move them, to improve the team at the deadline instead, if we're in a playoff race.
Man it looks like we’re getting one third pairing LD lol. Forget the RDs

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Edmunson makes sense if we're keeping Chychrun and running with 3 "even" pairings. I'd still like to upgrade on JBD if we go that route, with someone like Haakanpaa, but I'm ok running something like this:

Sanderson-Zub
Chabot-Edmunson
Chychrun-JBD

Edit: I thought Edmundson was a RD, nevermind... I don't really get this at all.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I’m actually more scared of him than anyone else in this organization.
Yep me too.

Edmunson makes sense if we're keeping Chychrun and running with 3 "even" pairings. I'd still like to upgrade on JBD if we go that route, with someone like Haakanpaa, but I'm ok running something like this:

Sanderson-Zub
Chabot-Edmunson
Chychrun-JBD

Edit: I thought Edmundson was a RD, nevermind... I don't really get this at all.
Please get Edmundson out of our top 4 lol.

The connection isn’t that hard. Poulin watched montreals up run (which would have ended swiftly in the conference final if the set up was normal) and what’s that team

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Sanderson-Zub
Chabot-Edmunson
Chychrun-JBD

LD/RD shoots left not top 4 though but here he just might be if they run with that. Hamonic will steal some playing time from Edmunson and JBD.

Not inspiring... but I would not say no to Edmunson on the bottom pair .. What would they do in that case waive JBD?

Blotto71

Okay, maybe the worst is behind us...?
May 12, 2013
Over There

Sanderson-Zub
Chabot-Edmunson
Chychrun-JBD

Ugh. Hopefully that would allow Staios to significantly improve the bottom 6, because that D group without help gets eaten alive in the Atlantic.

I don't get it either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad