Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
Probably because he is a living example of infinite monkeys with infinite typewriters. Dude spits out constant junk. He gets paid for clicks not accuracy.

He makes educated guesses and sometimes gets something right or close enough to right to give him a feint air of legitimacy. Anyone can do that if they are able to spit out an unlimited number of guesses. Keep an eye on the fourth period / his twitter with the draft/free agency coming. His trade mark move is to say any number of teams are the front runner and then remove his posts that conflict with what ends up actually happening lol.

He also just straight gets things wrongs too like saying Scott Morrow was in the Guentzel trade or a couple years ago said Parenteau was traded when he wasn't at the TDL.

Just so everyone is on the same page - this is the post Chychrun commented '💯💯💯' to.

View attachment 883683

Yeah…to each his own but he’s a loon and it’s ok to think he is, scratch that dude just a little more and ill guarantee this list is the tip of the iceberg.
- see me not being docile, despite eating cornflakes as a kid, and drinking tap water my entire life. Now I’ve got to go manage my 4 kids that I have despite my polyester underwear.

Doesn’t mean there isn’t shit that’s out there that’s bad for you but this is aggregated bullshit.

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
So we’re attenpting the “overpay for Gudbranson to lure Gaudreau” thing Columbus did but with the Tanevs?

Also, why wouldn’t Chris Tanev just sign in Seattle then, since his brother is already there and it’s close to Vancouver?
Seattle has a lot of defensive D, I don’t know that they’d be all that interested in Chris.

Also does Tanev care about proximity to Vancouver? He’s from Toronto. Probably another reason he could be interested in coming here, he’d be close to home.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
I’m confused why the Islanders would take on Korpi when they have Sorokin for 8 more an Varlamov who Roy loves for 3 more .

Doesn’t make sense to even immediately buy him out as doing so for Pageau would be cheaper
I think the logic behind them moving on from Sorokin would be opening up capspace for the rest of the roster, especially if they think Varlamov can handle a larger regular season load.

Having said that, I think the Isles would take on one year of someone like Forsberg to save capspace by moving someone like Pageau or Palmieri

So apparently Chychrun is conspiracy theorist level insane.

Get him the hell outta here ASAP.
For all the random meats he eats to optimize his physique, he's become pretty damn soft on the ice. Like yeah he played a full season, but he's softer than butter.

Can't wait to move him

Reactions: Relapsing

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
I'm both slightly excited and majorly tentative for this off season. Can we please have a nice off season, or is that now not a Senators thing.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Probably because he is a living example of infinite monkeys with infinite typewriters. Dude spits out constant junk. He gets paid for clicks not accuracy.

He makes educated guesses and sometimes gets something right or close enough to right to give him a feint air of legitimacy. Anyone can do that if they are able to spit out an unlimited number of guesses. Keep an eye on the fourth period / his twitter with the draft/free agency coming. His trade mark move is to say any number of teams are the front runner and then remove his posts that conflict with what ends up actually happening lol.

He also just straight gets things wrongs too like saying Scott Morrow was in the Guentzel trade or a couple years ago said Parenteau was traded when he wasn't at the TDL.

Just so everyone is on the same page - this is the post Chychrun commented '💯💯💯' to.

View attachment 883683
Someone just shared this vegan propaganda with me. From today. What do you think chychy boy?

ChurchOfAlfie

Dec 4, 2016

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Markstrom + CGY 1st (#9 overall) for Forsberg + OTT 1st (#7 overall) + Something

Just curious how much/what pieces people would be comfortably adding to this deal to make it happen. Personally I'd give up "a lot" in the sense I'd move a lot of quantity to make that swap.

Just curious about other Sens fans perception of this deal and if Markstrom is a guy worth going all-in on.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
Markstrom + CGY 1st (#9 overall) for Forsberg + OTT 1st (#7 overall) + Something

Just curious how much/what pieces people would be comfortably adding to this deal to make it happen. Personally I'd give up "a lot" in the sense I'd move a lot of quantity to make that swap.

Just curious about other Sens fans perception of this deal and if Markstrom is a guy worth going all-in on.

Unless they get an absurd offer for Markstrom, that seems about right.

If Calgary's ownership value Iginla for marketing reasons, and he is on the board at 7, that jump is worth a lot.

That's probably worth a few second round picks.

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010

If the Flyers are tryna move Atkinson, I wonder if it'd be worth it for Ottawa to take a chance on him. His cap hit is utterly awful, but if we can shed a contract like Korpisalo, it might be worth it to take on all of his $5.8 million caphit to see if he can score some goals on Stu's wing.
Philly isn’t gonna take on 4 years of Korpi to shed one year of Atkinson. If anything they’d take Forsberg, I can’t keep up with their goaltending situation though so even then I’m not sure.

Reactions: DrEasy

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon

I don't know about going all in, but goaltending is imo the highest priority and Markstrom could provide some stability as a bridge.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008

If the Flyers are tryna move Atkinson, I wonder if it'd be worth it for Ottawa to take a chance on him. His cap hit is utterly awful, but if we can shed a contract like Korpisalo, it might be worth it to take on all of his $5.8 million caphit to see if he can score some goals on Stu's wing.

Id' do it for Korpisalo, but nothing else makes sense for Ottawa.

Conversly, the Flyers already have two goalies under contract for the next two seasons and might be happy to roll with what they have. An Atkinson buyout is also a lot more palatable. I have a hard time seeing this making sense for either side.

A lot of other pieces could make sense between the two teams (Chychrun, Laughton, Konecny, ect) but I don't see Korpisalo being part of any deal.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Philly isn’t gonna take on 4 years of Korpi to shed one year of Atkinson. If anything they’d take Forsberg, I can’t keep up with their goaltending situation though so even then I’m not sure.
Philly has a $5m goalie in the minors and two guys signed for the NHL. I cant see them even taking on Forsberg, unless its to buy him out

Reactions: DrEasy and PlayOn

vandelay

Nov 3, 2022
Much of religious people have basically been buying conspiracy theories for centuries. It's deeply rooted in our history to believe things with little to no evidence.
Wait, isn't it atheists that fell in love with the the conspiracy theories of Dan brown- a fiction author?

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Philly has a $5m goalie in the minors and two guys signed for the NHL. I cant see them even taking on Forsberg, unless its to buy him out
For such a maligned player, it's interesting how much of a market there is for Korpisalo given the number of trade proposals that have been generated.

Last edited:

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Man Philly is in such a shite cap situation, even if they enter a full-blown rebuild.

The following contracts will be very difficult to move:
Atkinson at $5.8 million aav expiring
Ryan Johanson $4 million aav expiring
Petersen at $5 million expiring
Couturier at $7.75 million aav for at least 6 more years
Ellis at $6.2 million for 3 years

They have Kevin Hayes $3.5 million dead cap for two more years.

They can get solid value for guys like Konecny ($5.5 million), Laughton ($3 million) or Ristolainen ($5.1 million), but the rest of the roster is lacking in high end young talent aside from Tippett, solid established NHL guys that can contribute aside from Sanheim, Farabee, etc.. Goaltending isn't too bad, but man does Briere have his work cut out for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad