Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
i wonder if we could get whitecloud from vegas

they have pietrangelo, theodore and korczak as RD's so it does seem like he is available

cap would be really tight

I think that ship sailed when they decided to let Marchessault walk.

They don't need to clear cap anymore, so little reason for them to trade Whitecloud.

Korczak is ready but he'll likely start as the 7th D and enter the lineup when injuries hit.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Did Dorion and Hoffman's gf have a Mean Girls burn book together or something?
i know you are being sarcastic but probably

we also now know who was high fiving dorion after the burrows deal

I think that ship sailed when they decided to let Marchessault walk.

They don't need to clear cap anymore, so little reason for them to trade Whitecloud.

Korczak is ready but he'll likely start as the 7th D and enter the lineup when injuries hit.
if thats the plan then hague or hutton might be hitting waivers

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
if thats the plan then hague or hutton might be hitting waivers

No reason at all for them to hit waivers.

Their roster on CapFriendly is pretty much what's going to end up happening.

13F, 8D and 2G. Once Lehner goes on LTIR officially they'll be under the cap with a full roster.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Mike Hoffman also led to Guy Boucher because when they drafted Hoff it was on the recommendation of his junior coach Guy Boucher and then Dorion of course fell in love

Mike Hoffman still doesn’t know how to play LW, bringing him in would be the exact opposite of what we want - a player with an attitude problem who is small, doesn’t back check and we don’t need on PP
He would also need to be paid.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Kaliyev: 6"2 190 lbs QO: 874,125.

Has some skill and size.

Might be better than the other options we have: Gaudette, Crookshank, MacEwen on the 4th line.

I wonder what he wants AAV and term.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Kaliyev: 6"2 190 lbs QO: 874,125.

Has some skill and size.

Might be better than the other options we have: Gaudette, Crookshank, MacEwen on the 4th line.

I wonder what he wants AAV and term.
Didn’t realize he lost 20 lbs.
Even though he never used it.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I would prefer a bigger body who either plays very solid D or hits a ton than Katchouk.

Well identify the player and provide a short profile of why teams would want to sign him and the expected AAV and term;. We can have you on as a guest at Grinder.com if you can identify 3.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Well identify the player and provide a short profile of why teams would want to sign him and the expected AAV and term;. We can have you on as a guest at Grinder.com if you can identify 3.
A challenge for sure. I am on it; but don't hold your breath. On second thought . . . :)

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Best 3 options to compete for 4LC with Ostapchuk are Cousins, Chartier and Colin White.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Best 3 options to compete for 4LC with Ostapchuk are Cousins, Chartier and Colin White.
Or, Steven Lorentz maybe.

I’m thinking Ostapchuk has a good shot. I wonder if they are more focused on a 3rd pair defender, or a 4C?

Last edited:

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Or, Steven Lorentz maybe.

I’m thinking its Ostapchuk has a good shot. I wonder if they are more focused on a 3rd pair defender, or a 4C?
Hopefully both. The longer Kylington goes without a contract the more I like making a 1 year offer at 1.2M. Plays both sides.

Reactions: Micklebot

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Hopefully both. The longer Kylington goes without a contract the more I like making a 1 year offer at 1.2M. Plays both sides.
IF they want to have a 22-player roster, they could add three players at about $1.2 m (max) per player. So, perhaps they could do a 4C & a 3rd pair defender. Ideally they need one of those three to be a bit less expensive though.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I'm a fan of the idea of bringing Lorentz here. I think he would be a good fit and bring some much needed depth. It's okay to place bets on Ostapchuk, Halliday and Crookshanks of the world but there's always injuries and these guys may need to get some more reps in Belleville. In a best case scenarios you have hungry guys waiting for an opportunity to get NHL reps. I don't like the idea of basically giving a spot to Ostapchuk out of camp unless he's a head above other guys.

We've seen it over the years, we're always caught with a few injuries at a time every single year. I think it's been a real source of problems for this team. I would bring in another center who can play reliable two-way hockey and has decent shot and speed.

Cousins is a competitor but I don't know how he would fit in here. I don't know that they want a penalty magnet after already adding Perron. Chartier is a fringe guy. I like Lorentz more I think he has better tools and played in important games.

There's still a ton of time to add good depth pieces. Even maybe on waivers or cheap trades when rosters get finalized. They need one D and one F who can play reliable hockey for 82 games. After doing that I actually think we could dream of a playoff spot if things go right.

Have JBD/Hamonic as 7/8 guys and have MacEwen in and out of the lineup.

Edit: I always forget about Katchouk.

Last edited:

Laphroaig

Aug 26, 2011
The Town Fun Forgot
I doubt any of these guys would be a fit in Ottawa but I find it surprising that Lankinen, Barabanov and Sprong are still available. My two favored affordable options for the Sens would be Sammy Blais and Justin Schultz but it wouldn't surprise if we're standing pat at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad