GDT: Free Agency Day 1: You're from Boston? Come on down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012

Was Kotkaniemi supposed to be bought out? If the Canes want to dump his contract and Dubas is interested, I would be asking for a first and taking Acciari. Jesperi will in all likelihood probably take a mental health leave half way under Sullivan anyway.

Acciari is easier for them to bury and get more cap savings but Jesperi being bought out would be so bad.

I'd do Kotkaniemi, Suzuki, Canes 1st and their 3rd for Acciari, Poulin, and Blues 2nd.

To be honest I'd rather take a chance on Kotkaniemi than the likes of Hayes. At least for how lost of a player Jesperi is, he's young, fast and a bottom 6 player that maybe is the unicorn that somehow thrives under a pillock like Sullivan and Quinn.

Speaking of disappointments - Quinn worked with one in San Jose that would be worth a PTO - Zadina.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Was Kotkaniemi supposed to be bought out? If the Canes want to dump his contract and Dubas is interested, I would be asking for a first and taking Acciari. Jesperi will in all likelihood probably take a mental health leave half way under Sullivan anyway.

Acciari is easier for them to bury and get more cap savings but Jesperi being bought out would be so bad.

I'd do Kotkaniemi, Suzuki, Canes 1st and their 3rd for Acciari, Poulin, and Blues 2nd.

To be honest I'd rather take a chance on Kotkaniemi than the likes of Hayes. At least for how lost of a player Jesperi is, he's young, fast and a bottom 6 player that maybe is the unicorn that somehow thrives under a pillock like Sullivan and Quinn.

Speaking of disappointments - Quinn worked with one in San Jose that would be worth a PTO - Zadina.
Isnt his buyout pretty cheap? For the sake of rebuilding I would be fine but that clip still stands, what a horrible roster we have LOL!

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Ducks are a top 5 prospect pool in the league. Pickering doesn't move their needle in the least and neither does Yager. They'd be more interested in a 1st round no conditions and maybe a player that fits their young group that can play now. They were looking for nhl ready players since they have a few that are gonna need time.

1st + Puustinen + Poulin would be it I think.

They do need a good RHD……. but Letang’s not going there and does Karlsson want to go back to California? He doesn’t fit the age profile but would jumpstart their quest for the playoffs.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
They do need a good RHD……. but Letang’s not going there and does Karlsson want to go back to California? He doesn’t fit the age profile but would jumpstart their quest for the playoffs.
They do need another RHD but they're also probably fine with the few that can play on their off side while waiting for Luneau to be ready. They have 1 right handed defenseman and that's Gudas, Luneau will need a very good camp.

Penguins barely have any they can move or would be able to move. Ducks won't give up anything of value for St Ivany. I wouldn't be shocked if Chud Turdwedel ends up signing there to be honest or Justin Schultz.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Isnt his buyout pretty cheap? For the sake of rebuilding I would be fine but that clip still stands, what a horrible roster we have LOL!
Yeah but that cap hit is 835k until 2035-36 lol. He put up similar stats to Hayes but skates better and has a higher ceiling if someone can miraculously help him get there.

A Jesperi Kotkaniemi buyout spans 12 years, has a cost of $10,020,000 and savings of $20,040,000. Kotkaniemi is 23 years of age at the time of the buyout; therefore, the buyout ratio is 1/3. With $30,060,000 in salary remaining, the cost is $10,020,000, and the savings are $20,040,000. Buyouts span twice the length of the remaining years and because there are 6 years remaining in the contract, the buyout length is 12 years. The buyout cap hit is displayed in the Cap Hit Calculations table below.

I'd get him only if there's picks attached. Acciari has 1 more year left after this next season. If they bury him he's a 1m cap hit and gone sooner.

Reactions: 66-30-33

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I think the funny part would be we would acquire Zegras and he'd essentially be a 40-50 pt player similar to Rakell here.
He'd take over the role Granlund was thrust into when he was so badly misused here.

What, you don't think Zegras would flourish as the 3C with heavy defensive responsibilities and no offensive opportunities?

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
That soccer team probably gives Sid a better shot at winning the Cup than the current Penguins.

The most sought after cup in the world right now is the Olivia Rodrigo Stanley Cup.

1720245459693.png

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
The difference between Kotkaniemi and Hayes is that Kotkaniemi is from Finland, not Massachusetts.

Now Zegras has a chance, but he would have to lose the Michigan if he wants to play for this Massachusetts-run operation.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
What could turn this gong-show around is if WE got a Savoie via trade.
I know thye would never have traded him for Eller. But God damn we could really need a damn near blue-chip prospect gifted to us right now

rdd8771

Jun 18, 2024
Let's face it. It's an end of an era. Team is old and won't change styles and the coach has run its course. At this point it's just a waiting game until they are good again. Probably gonna suck for a few years until they can get some quality prospects. You aren't gonna magically find another Sid to turn this franchise around.

Reactions: Andy99

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Let's face it. It's an end of an era. Team is old and won't change styles and the coach has run its course. At this point it's just a waiting game until they are good again. Probably gonna suck for a few years until they can get some quality prospects. You aren't gonna magically find another Sid to turn this franchise around.
They aren't though. They're gonna be middle of the pack and load up with players who'll be okay in 2029.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
They aren't though. They're gonna be middle of the pack and load up with players who'll be okay in 2029.
Well Sportsnet doesn’t think so…tumbledown the rankings is in store…we’re one of the four worst teams in the league lol

Reactions: Al Smith and Ulf5

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Sportsnet putting the Ducks, who have added literally nothing to the roster this off-season, over the Penguins is downright laughable.

The Ducks had literally 39 fewer points than the Penguins last year.
At least they have young players and are playing them…

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Well Sportsnet doesn’t think so…tumbledown the rankings is in store…we’re one of the four worst teams in the league lol

With Crosby, I'd be surprised.

Sportsnet also employs Nick Kypreos so...

• Haha
Reactions: Lustaf and Andy99

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
Sportsnet putting the Ducks, who have added literally nothing to the roster this off-season, over the Penguins is downright laughable.

The Ducks had literally 39 fewer points than the Penguins last year.
Wow. Are living under a rock?

ANA added Jansen Harkins without having to even give up a pick.

So f***ing uneducated.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018

Good. Give them extra motivation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad