GDT: Free Agency Day 1: You're from Boston? Come on down

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
20 year old RHC who has put up terrific juniors numbers and intriguing (though small sample size) AHL numbers, already. For a 3C... a young 3C who could maybe be more in the right circumstances, sure. But still.

Buffalo gonna Buffalo I guess.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Dubas wouldn’t give away Eller so Adams traded his best prospect for a (better) 3C lol

Yes I’m sure that’s what happened. I’m sure Adam’s played hardball with Dubas only to call the Oilers to blow his load. I’m sure Dubas didn’t just mangle a layup for a player we should have no second thoughts about shipping out to the first team that offers anything of reasonable value.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
Yes I’m sure that’s what happened. I’m sure Adam’s played hardball with Dubas only to call the Oilers to blow his load. I’m sure Dubas didn’t just mangle a layup for a player we should have no second thoughts about shipping out to the first team that offers anything of reasonable value.
Do you always make up fantasies in your head to get mad at? There's literally nothing to suggest the Pens rejected something like a 2nd for Lars Eller. They were shopping both Smith and Eller and traded Smith for a 2nd and a 5th. Smith is better than Eller, so why would they keep Eller if a team was offering a similar package as they did for Smith? A team just traded their best prospect for Ryan McLeod and your response is to complain about Dubas, I mean what the f***

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

It's not even about getting the prospect. It's about not just ditching Eller for a pick because that's what we are supposed to be doing.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
They should be a better forechecking team next season. JC being gone is going to improve the flow of the game. Not sure why Acciari remains. Maybe they think he’ll be better without JC?
Probably the fact he has 2 years on his contract left.

He also had the most PK time per game out of all forwards if you remove Neitos 22 games.

Him and Eller were heavily used there.

Reactions: canadianguy77

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Do you always make up fantasies in your head to get mad at? There's literally nothing to suggest the Pens rejected something like a 2nd for Lars Eller. They were shopping both Smith and Eller and traded Smith for a 2nd and a 5th. Smith is better than Eller, so why would they keep Eller if a team was offering a similar package as they did for Smith? A team just traded their best prospect for Ryan McLeod and your response is to complain about Dubas, I mean what the f***
I never said the Pens rejected a 2nd for Eller. I equated getting a 2nd to Eller as being a similar rip off in value as getting Savoie for McLeod.

The only fantasy I see is you pretending Adams tried to get Dubas to "give away" Eller and in turn decided to massively overpay for a player to fill the exact role Eller would have for them.

If Adams was willing to give up his best prospect for McLeod, he was willing to pay something less than that but still dumb for Eller.

Reactions: Gurglesons

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I think that's the argument being made.

Buffalo was rumored to be interested. And now they've gone another avenue.

Eller seems like he might be that boat that some old dad TELLS his wife he's going to finally sell but then puts an insane pricetag on so he can say he's trying.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
It's not even about getting the prospect. It's about not just ditching Eller for a pick because that's what we are supposed to be doing.
I think it's pretty common sense given the rumors and what ended up happening is that Adams tried to get Eller for less than what he ended up paying for McLeod.

It'll be worth it at the deadline when we get a conditional 7th that could become a 5th if LA wins the Cup on a Tuesday and it is snowing for Eller because teams buying will have even less cap space.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
20 year old RHC who has put up terrific juniors numbers and intriguing (though small sample size) AHL numbers, already. For a 3C... a young 3C who could maybe be more in the right circumstances, sure. But still.

Buffalo gonna Buffalo I guess.

Weird trade for a rebuilding team even though McLeod’s only 24. Maybe Savoie doesn’t turn out as good as McLeod but you gotta take that chance he’s better.

McLeod will be good for them and probably be better with getting more ice time than he got in Edmonton (14:15). Could top out as an ok 2nd liner but still 🤷‍♂️

Maybe there’s more too it behind the scenes but Buffalo keeps f***ing up so hard to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I think it's pretty common sense given the rumors and what ended up happening is that Adams tried to get Eller for less than what he ended up paying for McLeod.

It'll be worth it at the deadline when we get a conditional 7th that could become a 5th if LA wins the Cup on a Tuesday and it is snowing for Eller because teams buying will have even less cap space.

One day we will understand the plan.

Funny, I was listening to the Dangle Podcast today because it's called Sid and the first thing they said was "the thing you have to understand about Kyle Dubas is he never has a plan."

But I guess they are just bitter leaf fans.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Weird trade for a rebuilding team even though McLeod’s only 24. Maybe Savoie doesn’t turn out as good as McLeod but you gotta take that chance he’s better.

McLeod will be good for them and probably be better with getting more ice time than he got in Edmonton (14:15). Could top out as an ok 2nd liner but still 🤷‍♂️

Maybe there’s more too it behind the scenes but Buffalo keeps f***ing up so hard to give them the benefit of the doubt.

McLeod is a good player. I wish this team had a McLeod... hell maybe it does but how would we even know? But you're right... unless there is some serious issue we don't know about Savoie then you gotta stick with that upside. Like you said... what's the rush? It's not like Buffalo is a McLeod away from turning things around.

EDIT: Buffalo fans seem kinda split about it, though. A lot are very pleased to get a 3C even if it's for their best prospect. Which I don't really understand at all but hey.

Last edited:

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
McLeod is a good player. I wish this team had a McLeod... hell maybe it does but how would we even know? But you're right... unless there is some serious issue we don't know about Savoie then you gotta stick with that upside. Like you said... what's the rush? It's not like Buffalo is a McLeod away from turning things around.

EDIT: Buffalo fans seem kinda split about it, though. A lot are very pleased to get a 3C even if it's for their best prospect. Which I don't really understand at all but hey.

1720216147188.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad