GDT: Free Agency Day 1: You're from Boston? Come on down

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
1720044071564.png

People I've seen online calling him washed or "I would have been excited 5 years ago" are embarrassing themselves. Dude was a 5v5 beast last year.
He just didn't have PP1 and averaged 4 mins TOI less than when in his prime. Great add for Detroit at that cap hit and term.
Dubas was right to pursue him. Could have been flipped later.

Last edited:

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
“Well, Sprong is out there” — Dubas to Sullivan…lol
*Sullivan hangs up phone and blocks Dubas's number"
*Calls FSG front office..."
"Can you believe who this f*** stick wants to sign? Get your boy straighten out!"
*click*
*sips coffee*
"I did some good work today..."

:laugh:

ThosePuckingPenguins

Apr 28, 2009
Pennsylvania
Anyone think he WON'T?

I suppose there's a possibility he'll want to leave, but in terms of him being removed/fired/not re-signed, I think it's slim to none based on how they keep talking about him even now.
It does amuse me that all these people say how great of a coach Sullivan is and how he would have his pick of teams. If that’s the case, why would he want to be here? Go coach a contender if you’re so great.

Like it’s understandable why Sid or Geno or Letang would want to be here due to the whole ‘one team’ legacy thing and all. If Sullivan would have his pick of teams, why stay with a team that’s going into a rebuild?

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
At this point I think Crosby would be an idiot to extend. If I were him I'd wait until the end of the season. Because to just stay for legacy's sake at this stage of his career doesn't make any sense if he wants to contend for another cup and doesn't want to be on a team that misses more years from the playoffs - which they will under Sullivan with assistance from Kindergarten Kyle.

The hate Carter gets from some twats is weird.

The more lottery the better…especially with Sullivan still here keeping the young guys in Wilkes lol
We used to mock the wings for letting their prospects marinate forever before they got a shot. Sullivan is like hold my chowdah, they'll wait until they're 30.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
At this point I think Crosby would be an idiot to extend. If I were him I'd wait until the end of the season. Because to just stay for legacy's sake at this stage of his career doesn't make any sense if he wants to contend for another cup and doesn't want to be on a team that misses more years from the playoffs - which they will under Sullivan with assistance from Kindergarten Kyle.

We used to mock the wings for letting their prospects marinate forever before they got a shot. Sullivan is like hold my chowdah, they'll wait until they're 30.
It's above your paygrade. My advice to you is to move on.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
It does amuse me that all these people say how great of a coach Sullivan is and how he would have his pick of teams. If that’s the case, why would he want to be here? Go coach a contender if you’re so great.

Like it’s understandable why Sid or Geno or Letang would want to be here due to the whole ‘one team’ legacy thing and all. If Sullivan would have his pick of teams, why stay with a team that’s going into a rebuild?
It's a catch 22 with this dipshit coach. If you keep the legacy 3, they want this wanker as the coach, but if one of them leaves and it's now time for a huge tear down, Sullivan might not want to be around and they might realize quickly that this coach isn't good at development at all and fire him.

But it'd take something that drastic to get Sullivan fired - Crosby leaving. That's how ridiculous it is for how much power he wields that it'd take a beloved legend to say yeah I'm out. At this point I'm more convinced that if they miss next season that Sullivan will step down and take the GM role and David Quinn will be the head coach.

We're in for a lot more frustration.

It's above your paygrade. My advice to you is to move on.
It's not my fault if he seduced your wife as well mate. Big Jeff isn't called Big Jeff because of his height.

Hartnell's Missus was just the beginning.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
It's a catch 22 with this dipshit coach. If you keep the legacy 3, they want this wanker as the coach, but if one of them leaves and it's now time for a huge tear down, Sullivan might not want to be around and they might realize quickly that this coach isn't good at development at all and fire him.

But it'd take something that drastic to get Sullivan fired - Crosby leaving. That's how ridiculous it is for how much power he wields that it'd take a beloved legend to say yeah I'm out. At this point I'm more convinced that if they miss next season that Sullivan will step down and take the GM role and David Quinn will be the head coach.

We're in for a lot more frustration.

It's not my fault if he seduced your wife as well mate. Big Jeff isn't called Big Jeff because of his height.

Hartnell's Missus was just the beginning.
Hated him with the Flyers, found the Kings to be a giant bore to watch, knew that Hextall was just bringing a BFF, ,disgusted Hex/sully bamboozled a large part of the fanbase keeping big Jeff over McCann (i wonder if you might be one of them... let me go back and revisit) and lastly puked when they gave him an extension.

Clear enough for you?

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

I think it’s more I hate how the Penguins media worship Carter as if he was some legendary member of this franchise.

I like Carter, but he did more with two other franchises.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Longest coach in nhl history. What’s the record now for longest employeed?

Al Arbour (NYI)... 20 seasons. Trotz (NSH) and Lindy Ruff (BUF) are second at 15.

Cooper and Sullivan could catch Ruff/Trotz. Don't even know if Sullivan can catch Arbour, though.

Although it's something stupid the Penguins would try to do in order break some record nobody really cares about.

EDIT: Jack Adams (DET) had 20 seasons too but far less games. Art Ross had 17 with the Bruins, too. But again... far less games. It's not that they don't count... game just way different, then.

• Haha
Reactions: 66-30-33

PenguinSuitedUp

Sponsor
Oct 2, 2019
I have a feeling Malkin will be traded within a year. The year after next (2025-2026) is his last on his current deal and he's likely to retire following it. He'll want to play that year on a contender, and I'd love to see him do it. We won't be a serious contender in 25/26 IMO and I don't think it's as important to the team that he retires a Penguin.
Where do you get the idea that it isn’t important to the team that Malkin retires a Penguin? Everything the core players and franchise have done has indicated that they want Crosby, Malkin, and Letang to retire Penguins.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
I used to think that Crosby would retire as a 2C, training up the next crop of Penguins. The reality is that the Pens are pretending that 26 year old DOC is a prospect with potential and plan to ice him as their youngest player.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I think it speaks to Carter's time here that the most vivid memory I have of him is getting absolutely burned for two goals back to back when Sullivan subbed him in for Crosby for some god-forsaken reason in the NYR series.

• Haha
Reactions: Coastal Kev

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad