GDT: Free Agency Day 1: You're from Boston? Come on down

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Great Mighty Poo

I don't like you either.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox
Why does Sullivan and Dubas insist on icing the most boring vanilla teams in history? These guys are absolute idiots. At least if you're going to suck, play young guys with energy.

Bobby Farnham was a total scrub, but at least he provided some entertainment. This team is turning into complete joke
I will not sit here and let you disparage the good goddamn name of Bobby Farnham.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
They still suck ass and will probably be worse than the Pens.

I do like their moves though. But it's lipstick on a pig.
Maybe…Oshie and Backstrom will be on LTIR…so their only old guys are Ovie and Wilson now…brought in some young Dmen, they have some young solid forwards…no star power…is it enough? Who knows…maybe if Lindgren plays the way he did last season, or Thompson..

GilbertSeinfeld

Mar 4, 2024
Maybe…Oshie and Backstrom will be on LTIR…so their only old guys are Ovie and Wilson now…brought in some young Dmen, they have some young solid forwards…no star power…is it enough? Who knows…maybe if Lindgren plays the way he did last season, or Thompson..
John "hot" Carlsson is an old guy for them, too.

Reactions: Andy99

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
They're also due for a massive goalie regression.

Reactions: Andy99

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
It's not like Geno is this speedster either. I don't think what the Blues did has any bearings on what the Pens do with him.
If you look at his usage until Berube is fired, he's in variation of the following:

Vrana, Hayes, Blais
Toropchenko, Hayes, Neighbours - This was his most common linemates
Toropchenko, Hayes, Vrana

He was on the 3rd line for most of the season and at times on the 4th line and LW. This is going to be such a nightmare having Hayes get minutes he doesn't deserve because he's a Masshole and Quinn and Sullivan love him.

Reactions: Ugene Magic

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
Ohhhhh shit Edmonton signed Henrique.

Kane with a 2nd stapled to him to Pittsburgh incoming

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
Henrique re-signs with Oilers.

I thought they had no cap?
They don't. Ceci or Kane gone most likely.

Could see Pens asking Oilers to pay them to take Kane. Could see a team like Anaheim just taking him for free.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
They brought in too many centers. Did not replace either Jake or Smith.

Crosby
Malkin
Hayes
Eller
Lizotte
Acciari

Without any other moves:

O'Connor-Crosby-Rust
Bunting-Malkin-Rakell
Beauvillier-Eller-Puustinen
Lizotte-Hayes-Acciari

With adding one more top-9 LW like I'm expecting:

LW-Crosby-Rust
Bunting-Malkin-Rakell
O'Connor-Eller-Puustinen
Lizotte-Hayes-Beauvillier

No need for Hayes to be playing anything above a 4C.

GilbertSeinfeld

Mar 4, 2024
Let's hope so. Wonder if they keep McDrai together all season and spread out the other players. They will probably still cry they have nobody again.
They have Perry, which basically guarantees a Cup run, but they also now have Jeff Skinner, who has never made the playoffs, so which one will happen?

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Not only should DOC be in the top 6 but I believe even Sullivan sees it that way. And Sid had chemistry with him and likes playing with speed and will have, perhaps if only implied, a say on who he plays with.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
Without any other moves:

O'Connor-Crosby-Rust
Bunting-Malkin-Rakell
Beauvillier-Eller-Puustinen
Lizotte-Hayes-Acciari

With adding one more top-9 LW like I'm expecting:

LW-Crosby-Rust
Bunting-Malkin-Rakell
O'Connor-Eller-Puustinen
Lizotte-Hayes-Beauvillier

No need for Hayes to be playing anything above a 4C.
Maybe it's just because the 4th line especially has been so awful for two years now.. but that second roster actually looks theoretically ok, assuming they get one more winger.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Maybe it's just because the 4th line especially has been so awful for two years now.. but that second roster actually looks theoretically ok, assuming they get one more winger.

Yeah I was dismissive of Lizotte as a winger before, but I remembered that Sullivan’s system doesn’t allow centers to be effective on the forecheck (like Acciari last year) and Lizotte’s best attribute is his forechecking. I think him being on the wing makes sense for this teams system.

Lizotte and Beauvillier as a wing duo is super fast, which should help out how atrociously slow Hayes is.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
Yeah I was dismissive of Lizotte as a winger before, but I remembered that Sullivan’s system doesn’t allow centers to be effective on the forecheck (like Acciari last year) and Lizotte’s best attribute is his forechecking. I think him being on the wing makes sense for this teams system.

Lizotte and Beauvillier as a wing duo is super fast, which should help out how atrociously slow Hayes is.
I'm just praying Hayes can do his best Brian Boyle impression, and the rest will take care of itself. Seems like he sort of leaned that way in St. Louis last year - except he's just way softer unfortunately. Hoping they realized Acciari at C is pointless. Can't forecheck and has no passing skill - what is the point?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad