GDT: Free Agency Day 1: You're from Boston? Come on down

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Just laughing at your joke about Hayes getting healthy scratched because it was hilarious… that was a joke right?

I know he's not going to be healthy scratched, I'm saying he should be healthy scratched. My point is that he absolutely shouldn't be their 3C.

At best, you put him between two speedy guys on L4 and limit his minutes. Lizotte-Hayes-Acciari is probably what they'll run with and they just need to hope that Acciari can manage to not be terrible next year.

Dennis Reynolds

I have to have my tools!
Jun 10, 2011
Paddy's Pub
Looks like Hayes's most common linemates last year were:

Toropchenko - Hayes - Kapanen
Toropchenko - Hayes - Saad
Toropchenko - Hayes - Walker

So he didn't exactly have a bunch of world-beaters supporting him, but he should still see less ice here than Carter did last year.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Guess as the season progresses it's time to familiarize ourselves with the guys expected to go 5-10 next summer in the draft. :laugh:
James Hagens and Cole McKinney

So he didn't exactly have a bunch of world-beaters supporting him, but he should still see less ice here than Carter did last year.
Good news is that if he is as bad as Carter, he can be waived.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
An expected, but still very sad offseason.

About the only thing I could root for now is for them to dump Accairi and/or Graves and then sign Skinner to a 1-year deal to rebound his value. Could be fun next to Sid and then they could flip him at the deadline.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
I know he's not going to be healthy scratched, I'm saying he should be healthy scratched. My point is that he absolutely shouldn't be their 3C.

At best, you put him between two speedy guys on L4 and limit his minutes. Lizotte-Hayes-Acciari is probably what they'll run with and they just need to hope that Acciari can manage to not be terrible next year.
Unfortunately he’s definitely going to be the 3C. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s centering Lizotte and Beauvillier as the 3rd line for most of the year

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Guess as the season progresses it's time to familiarize ourselves with the guys expected to go 5-10 next summer in the draft. :laugh:

Should be a solid a 5-10 class.

Frondell would be a steal if we can get him.

He also won't be getting the same offensive zone starts he got in St Louis.

Reactions: Big Friggin Dummy

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Unfortunately he’s definitely going to be the 3C. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s centering Lizotte and Beauvillier as the 3rd line for most of the year

Honestly I don't hate that winger duo for him, both Lizotte and Beauvillier are very fast and good forecheckers. But I'd want that to be the 4th line and O'Connor-Eller-Puustinen to be the 3rd line.

You just need someone to push O'Connor to L3 to be able to run with that.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I'll be curious to see if we make a run at Skinner.

Aside from that, I'm cool with it. Run it back but with a new Powerplay and see if things pop. If not, trade EK and Petts at the deadline and really kick off the rebuild. We can move Rust next off-season too.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
It was a success for VGK. Reports were Smith had no desire to be on the Pens. Maybe that's why his play was not great. Not sure if NYR will work out for him, but he was definitely good for VGK.
To be fair, most of the Pens roster plays like they don't want to be on the team, so he fit right in. Erik Karlsson had to stop himself from losing it a few times about the Penguins play in post game pressers. Geno was having an existential crisis from his production because he was told in the media he was an issue not the way he was used.

Smith had good moments, but was never a fit and his game to replace Zucker was not well scouted in the least. Smith was actually fine with the line - Puustinen, Eller, Smth. Their production and even analytics were very strong. The issue was Sullivan would f*** around with deployment there. He's gone now so there's no point even discussing it.

All I can say is I am not mad at Reilly Smith at all like so many here are, he didn't ask to be on a team and that's fine, the GM should have moved him instead of waiting it out to see if he'd like it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad