GDT: Free Agency Day 1: You're from Boston? Come on down

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
1719865811512.png

1.4 is pretty bad with 54% career O-zone starts. Might get really ugly scoring with Sullivan usage.
Solid defensive player though. Could help us that way.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I'm totally fine with the team starting the sale... so long as that's what they are actually doing.

But don't take a 90ish point forward out of the lineup and then try to tell me that group is going to be "just as good" next year. I'm dumb but I'm not that dumb.
That’s what irks me…why not call a spade a spade? They’re rebuilding and they’re not going to be remotely good enough to make the playoffs in Sid and G’s remaining years and that’s ok…but call it like it is lol

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Lizotte is a decent little signing... within the context of where we are, now.

I don't know that he's that much better than internal options he's likely to block but whatever.

Reactions: Andy99

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
It is official. Kyle is f***ing worse than Hextall.

Absolutely joke of a GM. It's hilarious.
Really?

Was the Guentzel deal bad? Signing him for $9Mx7 would have been better?
Beauvillier deal?
Smith for a 3rd turn into a 2nd & 5th. You can consider that equivalent value as a Rangers 2nd is probably 17 picks better than our 3rd. So we paid $1.25M for a 17 pick bump + a 5th (which to me is worth nothing).

I do agree with you other statement, that this team, is worst than last year, so far.

But I hoping Dubas isn't done. Though to be fair, it looks like he's looking to sell more cap space :\.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Lizotte is a nice potential addition, he put up 34 points in a 3C role for LA in 2022-2023 and had a down year with them last year. Good on faceoffs, kills penalties, has a history of solid production...seems like a nice pickup.

Honestly, Lizotte is the kind of guy they should be targetting for a 3C role rather than Eller. Trade Eller for futures and give Lizotte the 3C role and I think it's a really smart move.

Reactions: Andy99

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
Lizotte will be a $775k - 2 year deal. He's your Hino/Z/White replacement where he's likely in WBS until there's an injury. Bemstrom will be a AHL journeyman. I don't mind because he's a tremendous AHL player and think that could really help the young guys.

My question is starting to be more around Eller, Acciari, and Nieto. Awfully clogged roster at the moment.
I have no problem putting Acciari or Nieto on waivers to make room for a kid from WBS. Nieto might already be effectively out of their plans. Eller deserves better than the waiver wire though.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Really?

Was the Guentzel deal bad? Signing him for $9Mx7 would have been better?
Beauvillier deal?
Smith for a 3rd turn into a 2nd & 5th. You can consider that equivalent value as a Rangers 2nd is probably 17 picks better than our 3rd. So we paid $1.25M for a 17 pick bump + a 5th (which to me is worth nothing).

I do agree with you other statement, that this team, is worst than last year, so far.

But I hoping Dubas isn't done. Though to be fair, it looks like he's looking to sell more cap space :\.

Reilly Smith probably returns more if we just keep him with Sid for 82 games and pump his value.

Guarantee we are looking at this next year...

Beauvillier - Crosby - Rust
Bunting - Malkin - Rakell
DOC - Hayes - Bemstrom
Lizotte - Eller - Acciari

Youth and hunger.

Reactions: AuroraBorealis

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
He's an incredible skater and has skill. He's managed to be a regular at his size for the Kings so at least this is a small winger/center that can play. I've seen enough of him on the KIngs to be a fan, his speed always helps his teammates out in bad situations, but for the Penguins that need to play youth? This is a what the f*** moment. Like I said, a fan of the player as I do watch a fair amount of Kings games, but not a fan for this team for obvious reasons.

Why do any of us even bother hoping youth get played?

Beauvillier, Hayes, and Lizotte are all left handed shots. So I don't know what is going on really given what we have on the left side, it means a right handed right winger is getting f***ed over and we all know which one that is, a bloke that deserves a better shot than he's gotten.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
He's an incredible skater and has skill. He's managed to be a regular at his size for the Kings so at least this is a small winger/center that can play. I've seen enough of him on the KIngs to be a fan, his speed always helps his teammates out in bad situations, but for the Penguins that need to play youth? This is a what the f*** moment. Like I said, a fan of the player as I do watch a fair amount of Kings games, but not a fan for this team for obvious reasons.

Why do any of us even bother hoping youth get played?

Yeah Lizotte's signing just blocked out any chance Ponomarev and Poulin make the roster.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I guarantee you internally they got Beauvillier to be L1 for Sid. He's like a busted ass Bunting wannabe for puck retrieval and speed but inconsistent and doesn't have that grit that Bunting does, or rather not as much as him. This is Sullivan wanting a bloke he's seen vs the Isles burning his dumb ass and thinking hey I got an idea Kyle...
We got Sam's Club Dupuis.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
If they are starting the sale why are they not just giving players with name value like Tarasenko or whoever 1 year deals with value.

they literally once again blew our entire cap space on players that suck. Bemstrom, Hayes, Lizotte, Beauvillier, Gryz. None of these guys have potential to return anything back at the deadline worth a damn.

Dubas is putting us into extreme purgatory.

I've been told that since "it doesn't matter" we should be happy... or something. I dunno it changes every day.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Yeah Lizotte's signing just blocked out any chance Ponomarev and Poulin make the roster.
It's odd because you add a bunch of left handed shots and I don't really know what the fit is. Ironically, Lizotte is a better fit on Sid's LW than Beauvillier and O'Connor are because he's sort of like Sheary but better defensively and can play C.

But what the f*** is this line-up now?

Lizotte/DOC/Beauvillier, Crosby, Rust
Bunting, Malkin, Rakell
Lizotte/DOC/Beauvillier, Hayes, Puustinen/Beauvillier
4th line - take your best guess.

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
Hold on to your butt for a Petterson trade then. Womp Womp.
Ah...I was giving that some though. It's looking more like the Guentzel play.

He'll probably wait to resign him, and if the numbers are too far off, he'll see where we are near the TD, and then trade him off as a rental if we aren't looking any good.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
That's not what I'm arguing against.

People are arguing the forward group is comparable to last year. It isn't.

Dubas has literally turned us into the San Jose Sharks. Shit's about to get real.
I agree with you. San Jose Sharks East!

But wait, my brain is trying to remember what happened last year... San Jose... drafted #1 overall? They were the worst team in the league?

But wait. You've been arguing this whole time that Dubas hasn't been pushing us in a direction. That we're not going to get younger and hungrier.

But wait, if we get extra picks and we get the first overall (because, as you just said, we're literally the San Jose Sharks) wouldn't that make us younger and hungrier?

But wait, if we're literally the worst team in the league, as you're saying, earnestly, because you're not just constantly moving the goalposts so that you can complain to complain, wouldn't that mean we had a plan and executed it PERFECTLY?

4 billion years of evolution and you waste it on "kindergarten kyle."

Waste of primordial ooze.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ

Bishop7979

Sep 9, 2005
I don't think they are rolling into gm one with
Doc sid rust (should be rak)
Bunting Geno rak (should be rust)

I could see dubas looking into some young guys who might be avail via trade, pinto, turcotte, Robertson, maybe even a zegras.

Sub 26 year olds who could play in the top six and who could be picked up using some of the extra 2nds they have acquired.

Or if there aren't trades to be made he's going to add a single 5 mil vet on a one year deal like tarasenko or skinner that could be traded if the team is out of the running at the deadline and they put up half decent numbers with malkin or sid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad