GDT: Free Agency Day 1: You're from Boston? Come on down

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
1719865277657.png
\

+ Lizotte

Reactions: Jacob

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
Man OEL is gonna be a whipping boy in TO within 3 months.

Anyway, hope they trade for Laine, sign Sid and call it an offseason.

Reactions: Sideline

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
Bokondji Imama.

... that sure is a name.
That would be one heck of a jersey! :)

I stand corrected on my previous statement....
Dubas WAS working it.

We save $3.75 on Smith + $850K on PO...
Which basically pays for Gryz and Beau? Something around there.

We spent $3.5M-ish on Hayes. That leaves us with about $4M cap space?

So we really don't have any cap space left for a real top 6 :\. Unless we ship out Rakell or something in a Laine trade.

Reactions: Andy99

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Okay. No argument. Who cares? What's the difference between being a borderline WC team with zero shot at competing and being a team that's a clear bottom-10 finish? They've been losers for years.

They've decided they're gonna lean into losing. Good. We've all bitched about these half-measures for a while.

I'm sure Sid's been briefed on the plan. It's up to him to decide whether or not he wants to retire here or chase a Cup in Colorado or something.

That's not what I'm arguing against.

People are arguing the forward group is comparable to last year. It isn't.

Dubas has literally turned us into the San Jose Sharks. Shit's about to get real.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
He's mid.

He also once again pushes out the young and hungry players on this roster that Dubas has said we are focusing on.
I’m not sure of his fit here. I don’t really know where he slots. So I could see it not working.

Do not agree he’s mid though. He’s a very solid player IMO. Relative to other bottom 6ers around league.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
I’m not sure of his fit here. I don’t really know where he slots. So I could see it not working.

Do not agree he’s mid though. He’s a very solid player IMO. Relative to other bottom 6ers around league.

I don't even remember who we are talking about.

This is honestly the most embarassing off season I've ever seen as a Penguins fan for 30+ years.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I'm totally fine with the team starting the sale... so long as that's what they are actually doing.

But don't take a 90ish point forward out of the lineup and then try to tell me that group is going to be "just as good" next year. I'm dumb but I'm not that dumb.

Reactions: Andy99

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Ovechkin signed his last contract extension on July 27th with the Capitals, but since Crosby hasn't signed 4 hours after being eligible to sign a deal, that means it's a major red flag and he's going to leave.

God some of you just complain to complain.

AHL tough guy I believe.
He was the bloke that Brandon Manning hurled racist taunt against. But yeah, a WBS add.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
I'm totally fine with the team starting the sale... so long as that's what they are actually doing.

But don't take a 90ish point forward out of the lineup and then try to tell me that group is going to be "just as good" next year. I'm dumb but I'm not that dumb.

If they are starting the sale why are they not just giving players with name value like Tarasenko or whoever 1 year deals with value.

they literally once again blew our entire cap space on players that suck. Bemstrom, Hayes, Lizotte, Beauvillier, Gryz. None of these guys have potential to return anything back at the deadline worth a damn.

Dubas is putting us into extreme purgatory.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Lizotte will be a $775k - 2 year deal. He's your Hino/Z/White replacement where he's likely in WBS until there's an injury. Bemstrom will be a AHL journeyman. I don't mind because he's a tremendous AHL player and think that could really help the young guys.

My question is starting to be more around Eller, Acciari, and Nieto. Awfully clogged roster at the moment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad