GDT: Free Agency Day 1: You're from Boston? Come on down

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Maybe he's cooked?

He was shit on the Canucks and the Hawks last season and was shit on the Isles before they cap dumped him for Horvat. Why not play Puustinen? Oh right, Sully loves his vets. He gets rock hard for this shit to play them over youth.
Puustinen is 2 years younger.

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
I'm actually kinda getting my hopes up now that they take a swing at Laine. Pretty low risk as a bottom-third team, may right himself to be a guy we can get assets for down the line, and the added bonus of almost assuredly driving Sullivan insane so maybe he quits.

If Columbus takes Rakell and something like Pickering, and throws us Laine and like a 2nd I'm fine with that. Happy even.
I like it... Only because I could see Sullivan slamming his clipboard into the glass... After Laine scores a goal. "THATS NOT HOW YOU DO IT! JESUS CHRIST!"

:laugh:

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
I love aggregating 2nd rounders. Kind of wish they were somewhere in the near future though.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Last year we nabbed Hinostranza, Zohorna, and Colin White. All three of those guys are the exact signing Beauvillier is right now. NHL experienced depth piece that you hope regains his 40pt level of play. If not, waiver fodder or a HS.

It just means so little in the grand scheme of things that it's truly hard to get upset. You don't have to be happy obviously. You can be "meh" and not become mentally irregular and unstable because of a 1 yr, low $ signing.

Good lord people.

Reactions: Malkinstheman

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
The absolute idiocy of these comments is not worth replying to since you can't f***ing see why you're so f***ing wrong.

Amazing contribution to the discussion!

Puustinen had 5 goals and 20 points last year. Beauvillier had 5 goals and 17 points last year, while he has a track record of being able to produce in the past. It's a 1 year move that has some upside if Beauviller can bounce back, which gives them an additional guy that could be trade bait.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
I'm so confused why people are acting like Beauvillier should play over Puustinen when these same people were arguing youth and hunger was the plan?
For the record, I'm not arguing anyone should play over anyone.

I'm just pushing back against the idea that Beauvillier - or even Hayes - is going to block anyone. If Puustinen, Poulin, Ponomarev, Koivunen, et al actually seize the moment and play at a high level, they'll play. Hayes is easily scratched. Beauvillier is easily buried in the minors.

Hell Yeah!!!

Mar 11, 2007
ATL
I'm so confused why people are acting like Beauvillier should play over Puustinen when these same people were arguing youth and hunger was the plan?
I think they're arguing its not unreasonable to have Beauvillier and Puustinen compete for the spot.

Of course Sully destroys that assumption, but such is life lol

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
If they can’t beat their undwrwhelming competition who cares?
It's never been about that. Many players beat Harkins as their competition. Sullivan still played him anyway. The fact that beauvillier is a veteran player means no matter how much he sucks and how good Puustinen was while being f***ed around by Sullivan, the youth will not get the benefit of the doubt.

It's like some of you woke up with amnesia for what the f*** this team has been doing under Sully.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Last year we nabbed Hinostranza, Zohorna, and Colin White. All three of those guys are the exact signing Beauvillier is right now. NHL experienced depth piece that you hope regains his 40pt level of play. If not, waiver fodder or a HS.

It just means so little in the grand scheme of things that it's truly hard to get upset. You don't have to be happy obviously. You can be "meh" and not become mentally irregular and unstable because of a 1 yr, low $ signing.

Good lord people.
Again, in isolation or if it was just Beauvillier, it's an okay move. But it's pretty much all these little death-by-a-thousand-cut bad signings, just hoping that one of them will bounce back that gets my dander up. They're just the same old same old, except each year we target worse and worse players.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Anyhow, eagerly awaiting how this D+/C- offseason was really a B+ if you squint your eyes and throw out all evidence to the contrary.
Knowing full well that they intend to compete with Sid on the roster while collecting prospects and draft picks, tell me - what does a A offseason look like?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
People here when Dubas explicitly says "this team is building for the future" and he makes "building for the future" moves:

Ideas_Surprised_Pikachu_HD.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad