GDT: Free Agency Day 1: You're from Boston? Come on down

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
How is this website still unusable every time something happens in the NHL?
nitrado-last-oasis-servers.gif

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
People in here: I don't want Dubas to be splurging on free agents on day 1, he needs to be patient.

Also people in here: The Penguins haven't signed anyone 30 minutes into free agency, are they even trying?
Either way, no matter the player, term, price, etc - their NPC programming leads to the same actions "Bitch like a f***ing child on HFPens"

That's why the ignore list is growing.
Before people want to jettison Rakell for nothing, look at the going rates for mid 9 wingers. That Debrusk deal is nuts.
I tried alluding to this on mainboards in trade discussions, the going rate for a mid-6 wing is going to keep going up. If you want a Rakell-level performance, you're paying more than $5mil x 4yrs. That's why it's absolutely ridiculous for some to suggest that Rakell has negative value or is a dump.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
There was some weird issue with Hollowell where when he faced his former team they all attacked him in the AHL this season.

Guess he wasn't well-liked with the Marlies.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
Like to do anything.

No salary shedding.
No real trades...well getting a 2nd rounder is nice, but that's for the future.
No UFAs.

Unless we are going to fill the rest of the cap space with salary dumps :\.
I dunno, but they’re not signing FA with term

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Give GMs an extra $5M cap to play with and they go from idiotic to downright lunatics. :laugh:

Maybe when the dust settles the Pens can pawn some guys off to teams who missed out. Rakell and Smith are nobodies, but teams handed nobodies insane contracts here in the first hour of FA. Might be able to find a deal.

LiffLaff

Crazy? Me?
Feb 22, 2010
Vardal
I have no issue with them not beeing active today, I only wish I had a shred of optimism that they might at least play som entertaining hockey while they suck, but with Dubas and Sullivan at the helm, not much chance of that either.. At least in a couple of years we might have a team that would be really good in a non contact leauge right?...

Anya6687

Jul 12, 2015
Jarry will be more valuable in the beginning of the season when a contender suffers a goalie injury...we all know he is good till January

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad