Confirmed Signing with Link: [FLA] F Anton Lundell re-signs with the Panthers (6 years, $5M AAV)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

scholl

Jun 26, 2019
Helsinki, Finland
Great player & was low key a very solid playoff contributer too. He's basically been as advertised leading up to his Draft year. A good 2 way center who can still possibly be a top line center in a dee years. Right now he is a luxury to play on the 3rd line but is basically a 2nd line center right now ?

Great contract.
He was dominating in 2020 and a leading goal scorer but then he got Covid. So basically everybody who knows something about hockey knew what's going to happen.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Wow big contract... almost like a Kotkaniemi one... they must think he will be taking big steps in the coming years. Don't they need that cap for their blueline after losing Monty and with Ekblad a UFA next year?

lol only thing lundell and kotkaniemi have in common is there finnish

5m for a 3C? Not saying it's bad, but it's not a home run either

Tell me you never saw Lundell play etc

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I thought he signs for 5x$5m.
Money isn't everything for Finnish players. A 30 million contract is huge and after that he can sign one more long-term contract with higher AAV.

Next year he's 2C when Benny leaves.

I thought 2-3 year deal to create some space for the near future but getting him at this price is a win in comparison

I thought I saw an article saying they are having talks with Bennett as well but fit wise that’s going to be tough, by next year Lundell should have grown past his current 3C role

Reactions: Idiot Stick

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
I like the deal for both sides. If there's a small discount from Lundy's side, it's okay, because he gets to learn from his country man Barky and at the same time Florida is a decent place to live at.

Reactions: Laus723

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Hopefully he gets a bigger role and can find himself more productive here. If he can find himself getting 18 mins a night I think this contract will be a fantastic one for Florida.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Wow big contract... almost like a Kotkaniemi one... they must think he will be taking big steps in the coming years. Don't they need that cap for their blueline after losing Monty and with Ekblad a UFA next year?
You new to hockey? Lundell in theese playoffs as 3C:

24gp 3g 14a 17p +8

The eye-test also show he is a 200ft "Barkov-lite". He plays in all situations and will be a bargain from next year. He is already almost 55% at FO, he is very reliable defensively and now started show he produces, against the best. Kotkaniemi isnt 30% of what Lundell is.

5m for a 3C? Not saying it's bad, but it's not a home run either
Watching hockey helps. You have no idea what player you are talking about.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad