Confirmed with Link: Kevin Hayes to Pens

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
I’ve been watching Hayes’ games with the Blues a little bit since this trade went down.

# 1. For being slow as shit this dude gets a lot of breakaways. It’s bizarre.

# 2. Every time he scores he points up for Jimmy. Going to be hard not to root for him here.
We got a 2nd round pick, so it's whatever but I have never been a Hayes hater. Used to want one of them in the past, think it was Kevin? him and his bro are tall dudes.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I’ve been watching Hayes’ games with the Blues a little bit since this trade went down.

# 1. For being slow as shit this dude gets a lot of breakaways. It’s bizarre.

# 2. Every time he scores he points up for Jimmy. Going to be hard not to root for him here.

Here I thought you might spend part of the summer not watching other teams' hockey games.

But thanks.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I never hated him in the games i went to here.

But, he's just another mega whatever player we didn't need to get.

He should be better than boyle and Carter (even if carter got like 4 clutch goals, he was garbage here)

Eller is still here and the 3C.

I think the Hayes acquisition was about getting the future draft pick. He'll be either the 4C or a bottom-6 wing. If he is terrible, hopefully they won't have as much emotion tied up in him as they did with Carter.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

I think the Hayes acquisition was about getting the future draft pick. He'll be either the 4C or a bottom-6 wing. If he is terrible, hopefully they won't have as much emotion tied up in him as they did with Carter.

# 1. I wouldn't be shocked if Eller or Acciari is moved before the season stars.

# 2. I think it's way more likely we get the Mike Sullivan hide my erection line of Lizotte - Eller - Acciari as our 4th line.

# 3. I think they try to build a more "offensive" 3rd line with either DOC or Beauvillier, Hayes and Puustinen.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I think Hayes could be 3C over Eller.

He’s at least a Carter upgrade and more offensively capable than Acciari.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
I like how an absolute brain dead twat like Yohe is like "Pens added some solid 4th liners like Hayes..."

Hayes will be a 3c in Sullivan's mind.

Reactions: Andy99

Rudy Russo

Mar 16, 2018
ZZYZX, California

I'm sure the buy out cap hit for Hayes is pretty cheap for his last year, and both Smith and Petry are off the books after this season ends.

# 1. I wouldn't be shocked if Eller or Acciari is moved before the season stars.

# 2. I think it's way more likely we get the Mike Sullivan hide my erection line of Lizotte - Eller - Acciari as our 4th line.

# 3. I think they try to build a more "offensive" 3rd line with either DOC or Beauvillier, Hayes and Puustinen.
I'd be shocked if Eller is still with the penguins when the season starts, but Dubas loves Acciari too much to trade him right now.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
There's a thing we all do that's kinda tiresome. It goes something like this:

Penguins acquire a pick: "Dubas will just f*** it up anyways"

Penguins acquire a player: "Sullivan will just f*** them up anyways"

I think you can look at a second round pick and say that it's a theoretically good asset that Dubas may or may not use to either draft a good player or trade it later for a good player.

I think you can similarly look at Hayes and say that while he's not great he is certainly better than Jeff Carter and might actually improve the fortunes of the team however slightly.

If all we're ever gonna do on here is look at the downside of every move and ignore any potential upside then these discussions are gonna be kinda depressing after a while.

I say all this while fully admitting that there's a LOT of moves that Dubas has made that have zero upside. But this move is not one of those moves. And tbh so far Dubas has seemed pretty decent at drafting. Yager was a good pick last year and our picks this year look ok so far.
Dubas f***ing things up is over blown.

The Sullivan part we have about 8yrs worth of evidence of at this point to have it not be some overreaction by Pens fans.

Reactions: Pancakes

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
I think we should pump the brakes on the whole, "well at least Kevin Hayes is an upgrade over Jeff Carter..." thing. Is he? Because down the stretch when both the Pens and Blues were fighting for their playoff lives last season, Carter was contributing while Hayes was being demoted and then benched in favor of prospects like Zach Dean and Zachary Bolduc.

I mean, Hayes will be given every opportunity to fail here...that is for certain. But fail he will. He has not been interested for quite some time now, hard to see that changing now that he is with a coaching duo that will placate him rather than ride him hard.

This whole thing was a stupid idea. We got two picks for Reilly Smith in the end, we never needed this pick THAT badly.

Now we are stuck with another shitty player on a shitty contract.

Reactions: Andy99

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
I think we should pump the brakes on the whole, "well at least Kevin Hayes is an upgrade over Jeff Carter..." thing. Is he? Because down the stretch when both the Pens and Blues were fighting for their playoff lives last season, Carter was contributing while Hayes was being demoted and then benched in favor of prospects like Zach Dean and Zachary Bolduc.

I mean, Hayes will be given every opportunity to fail here...that is for certain. But fail he will. He has not been interested for quite some time now, hard to see that changing now that he is with a coaching duo that will placate him rather than ride him hard.

This whole thing was a stupid idea. We got two picks for Reilly Smith in the end, we never needed this pick THAT badly.

I'd say we needed this pick, and we will need a lot more before the rebuild is over, cause that's what it is.

And if by a miracle we get better, we can use this pick, or more likely the 2027 2nd from Rangers to get a good player via trade.

Ulf5

Feb 21, 2017

That's what I listed as 4th line earlier in the thread. Sullivan and Co. are just oblivious enough to think Hayes' production from 2nd line minutes will translate to 3rd line usage.
I can see DOC-Hayes-Beauvillier to start.
But if Dubas strikes out through the rest of the off-season as he did with Tank, I can see DOC opening on Sid's wing.

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020

Carter contributing is new to me. Guy had 15 points in 72 games. Only Acciari and Lundvig had worse 5 on 5 goal differentials. Carter was awful.

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
Good luck telling them apart down the stretch
Screenshot_20240706_095436_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240706_095402_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: Gurglesons

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Acciari and his 5 goal pace over 82 games is pretty pathetic even if he were making the league minimum. But he’s our only right-handed center and he’s a decent PKer so that’ll be enough to keep him in the lineup.

But he’s in Craig Adams territory if he can’t get back to at least double digit goals.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
The 2nd was obviously the focus here. I can't imagine there isn't a move to send Eller out or even Acciari. We are too heavy if we don't.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad